( search forums )
Rolling in the air + Picking up several knifes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CbbLe
January 30, 2004, 6:35 pm
1. I want to be able to roll in the air to make strategic dodges aswell as you should gain abit of speed. Meanhwile you are rolling in the air you shouldnt have any crosshair.

2.If you have the knife as a secondary weapon I belieave it would be more fun to be able to pick up a maximum value of 3 knifes which you can throw. If you have three knifes you can throw them all in a row (have to press 3 times on throw button so it would be some kind of ammo)

my ideas for today

Spike
January 31, 2004, 3:58 am
i agree with the strategic dodges but not with the 3 knives

Cookie.
January 31, 2004, 4:00 am
i agree with #1 and #2 the 3 knives would be kinda cool but i think if having more than 1 knife is implemented they should do a bit less damage or not kill all the time

Captain RibMan
January 31, 2004, 4:39 am
i always wanted to roll in teh air.... that would be awexome but teh knife thing is ghey

ClanKwH
January 31, 2004, 10:40 am
Cookie in real life you wont survive by a knife dumbass

MisterX
January 31, 2004, 12:48 pm
if a knife hits you in the stomach, there is more chance to survive then if 2 desert eagles bullets hit you, i think. and you need 6 de bullets in the stomach to kill a person, but just 1 knife to do the same. and with 3 knifes and 1hitkill, wouldnt be good i think. there are many good knifers, and they are really strong with their 1 knife. now with 3 knives? hm...

Chakra
January 31, 2004, 2:01 pm
I like the rolling idea.

But what if the knives idea was taken a little further ...5-6 knives as a primary weapon?

CardBoardWarrior
January 31, 2004, 2:06 pm
Good ideas Chakie :P

?
January 31, 2004, 3:40 pm
yeah im not a knifer but i do think its annoying for knifers to have to go pick up their knives in the game, soo #2 get a thumbs up =D

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 31, 2004, 4:38 pm
i like #1 but i dont think you should be able to throw the 3 knifes back to back. u should wait at least 3 seconds.
so it wouldnt be too easy.

Fangus Deef
January 31, 2004, 5:44 pm
chakra-goodies, yo
rolling-no shi7
3 knives-I could see it... be better if if you threw em too rapidly, you might drop one in the process

LiL_FuKa
February 1, 2004, 12:03 am
Ohhh yes.. I love both these ideas.

MisterX
February 1, 2004, 12:13 am
i don't really understand the 1. thing... you mean that when you fly and press duck you real while just being in the air?... or what do you actually mean?

karmazonpl
February 1, 2004, 2:08 am
rolling in the air, it would look like doing a frontflip
just like rolling on the ground but without the ground

Roy
February 1, 2004, 7:38 am
The rolling idea is ok, but the knife idea is a no-no. Part of the charm of knifes is picking up the one you just used to kill someone with a single skilled throw. Not throwing all kinds of knifes at once.

For the rolling, it should be that once you roll, you automatically continue to roll are unable to shoot and unable to alter your trajectory through the air, but you would be much more compact and harder to hit. Otherwise people would just roll through the air constantly, which would be boring and predictable. If rolling were a committment once you began it, people might think twice about it.

koil
February 1, 2004, 1:51 pm
hmm..

1. I want to be able to roll in the air to make strategic dodges aswell as you should gain abit of speed. Meanhwile you are rolling in the air you shouldnt have any crosshair.

^ aslong as the reload time will stop (like crouching in ground while reloading)... i'm guessing we dont want any more alternatives for lame superman flying... which is highly lame.

2.If you have the knife as a secondary weapon I belieave it would be more fun to be able to pick up a maximum value of 3 knifes which you can throw. If you have three knifes you can throw them all in a row (have to press 3 times on throw button so it would be some kind of ammo)

..i dunno about that one.. i like the 'knife respawn point' (if it ever been suggested.. i might be delusinal) better (like: 5-6respawn points for the knife wep in the map. evry X time a knife 'respawns' (land) in that point.) .