( search forums )
Turret ideas.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rambo_6
January 31, 2004, 12:55 am
What if there could be more than one kind of turret in the next version of soldat?

ideas:

a flaming bow turret: shoots flaming arrows like the flamebow, but has a brutally slow reload time.

a grenade launching turret: fires grenades like the M79, only at a further distance. Again, should have a crappy reload time.

a rapid fire turret: should carry a 500 shot clip, but the bullets are very weak unless lots hit you. Should have a relatively bad reload time.

Any other ideas? [:D]

CardBoardWarrior
January 31, 2004, 2:52 am
I would like to see somthing to the effect of a missle launching turret in the future...

Stoned Hyena
January 31, 2004, 11:15 am
*imagine this:

"tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" BAM - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM - AAAAAAAAAAARGH

errrr... slow reloading turret who fires a M79 projectile with the speed and distance of a barret.
or a laser... a cool laser... bam
that's why the reload noice is there.

*stationary mortars, anyone?

*flamethrower turret, for the small places (like fortress)

*stationary minigun... just a minigun with the acuracy of a minimi... (less dam than usual)

*a turret how has a small reload time but fires the projectiles inside a cluster grenade.

*a mad-cow launcher.

besserwisser
January 31, 2004, 12:08 pm
With the missile launcher you could make more interactive objects like tanks that are stationary but u can shoot from inside of them.

kewl

Chakra
January 31, 2004, 2:03 pm
I suggested something like this in some obscure topic a couple of aeons ago...and still a bloody good idea. Different turrets please.

Silent-Thunder
February 1, 2004, 1:53 am
I'm still not really satisfied with not being able to see what is happening in a bunker but hey, its just me. If bunkers were made of two parts, one part the back of the bunker, and one part the front, the front would fade out as you enter so you can see where you're going lol.