( search forums )
Log time inconsistency.. a bug?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
DeMo
January 31, 2004, 3:48 am
Hey guys.. I'm working a software that parses Soldat logs and generates statistics about the players.

One of the things I want to calculate is the time of each match (each log file represents a different match). But there's something wrong with some of my logs. Check it out:

First example
[code]04-01-23 06:21:45 Kill Log Started
--- 04-01-22 06:22:14
Boogie Man
Dutch
Chainsaw
--- 04-01-22 06:22:14
Boogie Man
Poncho
Chainsaw[/code]

Check the first line.. it says that logging started day 23.
Now look at the following lines that represent 2 kills from this log.. they are dated as day 22! The whole file is like this.

Another curious thing... I don't know if Soldat writes the log in real time, this is.. if it writes to the file at the instant of the kill. Check the kill times.. both of them happen at 06:22 and it's also 06:22 for a lot more entries in the log.

Second example
[code]04-01-30 01:34:53 Kill Log Started
--- 04-01-30 01:33:56
DeMo
Sniper
HK MP5[/code]

Ok.. on this one the date is correct.
Logging started day 30 and events were logged as day 30.
But look at the time... the log started at 01:34.. but the first event was logged as if it happened 01:33.. 1 minute earlier.

Now I don't know if this is some bug with Soldat or maybe something supernatural happened to my computer and the logs are now crazy!!

Most of my logs are OK but there are some of them that have this strange problem.

Michal.. if this is an issue with Soldat, please fix it!! [:D]
Or I won't be able to add the feature that calculates the total play time in the server!

b00stA
January 31, 2004, 4:33 pm
I can confirm this. The pic in my signature.. it worked fine before, but when I update it now it would show a negative time!
DeMo, we could use the creation / modified date from files, at least for now :/

DeMo
January 31, 2004, 7:16 pm
Good idea b00stA!
Thanks for sharing it.