( search forums )
"Host lookup cancelled" error...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
SilverFyre
January 31, 2004, 5:04 pm
I've played Soldat before, and I recently got cable internet. Now that I try to play it again, it says "Host lookup cancelled", or it might be aborted, I'm not sure. Anywho... It won't register my game in the lobby and it won't give me the list of servers to join, just gives me that error when I try to do either. I even tried turning off my firewall, methinks, unless it just runs in the background, but I think it's only on when I'm logged into a little ISP program thingy. Anyway, if anyone can help, pleaz do.

DNA.styx
January 31, 2004, 7:23 pm
yup, you where right to think it was your firewall, keep checking to see if it's still running in the background...

NightCabbage
February 2, 2004, 10:51 am
Sounds to me like your cable modem has an in-built router :P

Doubt the firewall would be causing the problem coz u had it before you changed to the cable modem right?

Styx - I'll shove the below in the FAQs?

Well, if your modem has an in-built router, then you'll need to find out how to log into it, and then configure it to forward the ports.

Step 1: figure out what you have (modem, router, etc.)

Step 2: figure out how to log into it:
Common for most modems with in-built routers is this...
Start > Run

then type 'cmd'

and then the DOS prompt should open... then type 'ipconfig'
and get the IP address for 'Default Gateway'

Then open up Internet Explorer, and type http:// followed by the IP for the Default Gateway

eg. http://192.168.0.1

Then it should prompt you for a username/password, which you must know/find out.

Often the username is 'admin', and the default password may well be 'password' :P

Once you get in, look for anything with the words 'port' or 'forwarding', or anything that sounds right :)

Then go into it, and set up configs for each port.

eg.
Port: 23073
Port Type: UDP
Host IP Address: 192.168.0.2

And that will forward the port '23073' to the computer with the IP address '192.168.0.2' for any UDP connections.

Soldat ports you need to unblock:

ASE ports:

ASE scan port: