( search forums )
A game of "Sniper Rifles Only"
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
tboy21
January 31, 2004, 10:57 pm
That was the greatest sniping game I ever had, 3 soldat players (including me) with sniper rifles - alot more andrenalin, because when you need to reload you can use a knife to finish the job :)

p.s: it was a point-match game, 60min, point limit: 100.p

I won in like 20 points more then the second place :)

karmazonpl
January 31, 2004, 11:01 pm
3 players sniping and adrenalin ?
that doesnt make sense

Caedo Quid
February 1, 2004, 3:50 am
HAHAHA!!! thats wrong dude...leave him alone

that fuking sniper
February 1, 2004, 5:11 am
Sniping matches are so boring for me I almost fall asleep during the match.
However, sniping duels are a whole new story, now these are intense,

AerialAssault
February 1, 2004, 6:10 am
intense? no no no

Deleted User
February 11, 2004, 8:46 pm
Actually, I hate snipers. In all games. HALO, Battlefield, Counterstrike... I look at them as cowards, leaving their comrades to fight the real combat...[:(!]

But then again, they're useful for taking out them flag bearers![;)]

But still, rock on MP5...

Oh, while we're at it, how come I can't edit my profile!?

Baibai
February 11, 2004, 9:21 pm
Sniping's lame... i use snipers tho, when im near loosing or my competitor uses it.... ( So i'm a lamer ones in a while)...

Sekushi
February 11, 2004, 11:02 pm
Wait, snipers are lame? I seriously hope you don't mean in real life, because you're a moron.

A PFC can't just go behing enemy lines armed with an M-4, go deeper into enemy territory, under the pressure of always being caught, taken as prisoner, and being much more severly tortured for being a sniper. A PFC can't shoot twice into a metal wall THROUGH THE SAME HOLE. And that's just a start. Yeah, snipers are really lame.

Marbire
February 12, 2004, 12:32 am
I doubt he's talking about real life snipers Sekushi..........heh

TIR_Blade
February 12, 2004, 12:47 am
Ye neither, specially how he named games...

n00bface
February 12, 2004, 1:57 am
quote:Originally posted by Sekushi
Wait, snipers are lame? I seriously hope you don't mean in real life, because you're a moron.

A PFC can't just go behing enemy lines armed with an M-4, go deeper into enemy territory, under the pressure of always being caught, taken as prisoner, and being much more severly tortured for being a sniper. A PFC can't shoot twice into a metal wall THROUGH THE SAME HOLE. And that's just a start. Yeah, snipers are really lame.

yeah I can. Im gonna invent the coolest gun ever that can shoot through diamonds.. the bullets will be like arrows and im gonna like rush in behind enemy lines and shoot through the bunkers and get them all unexpectedly.. ive also been working on an invisible-camo with my friend.. we'll see whos lame in 5 years.. loser.

Sekushi
February 12, 2004, 2:31 am
Lol you, because you're gonna waste money on that project and give up due to bankruptcy

n00bface
February 12, 2004, 5:03 am
Wah wah wah... oh you're so right... im gonna go bankrupt, all that stuff will take me forever to make and will cost so much to research even though we're a 2 man team with the supplies in our garage.[/sarcasm]

Jealous. yes, you are.

btw; the bullets are gonna explode on halt too. now who's owning who. sekushi.

Edit: Loser.

DojoRokner
March 3, 2004, 1:33 am
Well said, Well Said.

Michal
March 3, 2004, 6:27 pm
I hate it when people use the barret like an assault rifle. They run in and jump around and occasionally shoot. They should hide in the bushes and snipe from there!

wert21
March 3, 2004, 9:27 pm
quote:I hate it when people use the barret like an assault rifle. They run in and jump around and occasionally shoot. They should hide in the bushes and snipe from there!

NO,they should NOT camp. Camp is not funny,is n00bish and other things that require this emoticon "[:-censored]".

HOBBES
March 4, 2004, 7:31 pm
Oh my gosh! Sniping battle isn`t anything compared to ak74 matches.
You run and and then you crouch, and shoot! He scores!! The enemy fells to the ground and you can smell the gunpowder flowing trough the air.

Niff
March 5, 2004, 3:55 am
Ruger requires more skill than a barret :D

OmegaRagond
March 12, 2004, 5:43 am
I never camp....except if I had the flag of course ;P

Holden
March 12, 2004, 9:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal
I hate it when people use the barret like an assault rifle. They run in and jump around and occasionally shoot. They should hide in the bushes and snipe from there!

A good sniper shoots, maybe even two-three people, and then moves on to another sniper spot. A great sniper should be able to not be seen, and at least pick off five to eight people. Camp and snipe = more skill than running in gung-ho with the Barret.

El_Mariachi
March 13, 2004, 10:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Sekushi

Killing ppl irl is really REALLY lame. Also, glorifying violence is rather lame.

oh, yeah, im prolly gay and lame miself

Edit---
Hehe, on the other hand, sekushi, maybe U were being sarcastic, and im the fool :)

xifr
March 18, 2004, 9:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Holden
quote:Originally posted by Michal

A good sniper shoots, maybe even two-three people, and then moves on to another sniper spot. A great sniper should be able to not be seen, and at least pick off five to eight people. Camp and snipe = more skill than running in gung-ho with the Barret.

And it's exceptionaly hard to do seeing how it's a 2d game, meaning you cannot hide to the extent that you cannot be seen, unless it's in a pole or something.

And i reckon barrets are overpowered because of the sniper scope, meaning they can kill someone before they see them.
Now before you say: 'but thats the point of a sniper you idiot, in REAL LIFE thats what snipers do.' Let me say: 'This is a GAME, good GAMES require BALANCE to be FUN for EVERYBODY.'

Holden
March 22, 2004, 9:34 am
quote:Originally posted by xifr

And it's exceptionaly hard to do seeing how it's a 2d game, meaning you cannot hide to the extent that you cannot be seen, unless it's in a pole or something.

And i reckon barrets are overpowered because of the sniper scope, meaning they can kill someone before they see them.
Now before you say: 'but thats the point of a sniper you idiot, in REAL LIFE thats what snipers do.' Let me say: 'This is a GAME, good GAMES require BALANCE to be FUN for EVERYBODY.'

There are ways of hiding. Some ways are better. For example, after taking a shot, you move the cursor so the barrel of the gun is not visible. This is the easiest give-away that a sniper is there, the rifle barrel sticks out. There are ways to counter a sniper. I think Barrets are overpowered because you die even if they hit you in the leg. Less power should be given to leg and the lower half of the body, more given to torso and headshots.

dadarkman
March 28, 2004, 8:06 pm
sniping is fun... but not in deathmatch and not when youre camping...

Deleted User
March 30, 2004, 2:45 pm
I'm surprised. This post is still alive! [:O]

Sekushi, I wasn't talking about REAL LIFE snipers. I mentioned names of games, remember? But, nobody's perfect...

But camping snipers in Soldat are lamelamelame!

But sniper duels might be interresting...

Oh well, I'll keep my MP5.
[;)]