( search forums )
Greatest Shots!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Psyklops
February 1, 2004, 6:07 am
The greatest shots I've ever taken are the ones where you're way out from seeing the person but you shoot and ou kill them. Like with the Barret M82A1. I love making lose fluke shots. Anyone else ever make them?

?
February 1, 2004, 6:21 pm
toothpick =D

palloco
February 1, 2004, 6:39 pm
Bah, I am the one able to take all shots even when they are shot screens away. I own you.

Weed
February 1, 2004, 8:56 pm
no sh!t sherlock?
hiting someone without seeing him?!?!?
aint that, like, impossible?
tsk tsk tsk

BManx2000
February 2, 2004, 12:54 am
Once in a DM I was flying around with the barret and I shot somebody. Up flashes "double kill". Apparently, the bullet kept going and hit somebody offscreen.

Phoenix Star of PBC
February 2, 2004, 2:39 am
I used to do that while scouting (camping and shooting into dead air to look farther away) with my Barret.

sande24
February 2, 2004, 2:46 pm
it has happend like 7-9 times: i see a enemy flag carrier running to base... i follow him, but he geeps going away from seeing range... then i hit a lucky shot with barret into the flag carriers ass and return the flag... sometimes i use law too...

Dragon88
February 6, 2004, 1:41 am
I once fired a law shot in Laos (I think) from just my side of midway and it killed the flag carrier just as he was about to touch the flag (he told me so, I didn't see it)

Icarius
February 6, 2004, 5:49 am
Best shot/ Kill fest I ever done? When I hit master killer and held it for around a minute.

Dragon88
February 6, 2004, 9:24 pm
Let me guess, in a specially made map with bots?

Hanz
February 6, 2004, 10:51 pm
I have reached master killer a few times on other servers, but it is not easy.

It is very easy to do in a match with bots, it takes like 8 seconds to do it then.

that fuking sniper
February 7, 2004, 1:30 am
Actually, you *can* take offscreen shots if you see your target enter and then exit your screen, you can calculate the distance it will be in by the time you shoot and hit it. And these are the best shots for me, not when they're fluke, but when they're actually aimed.

Outcast
February 7, 2004, 10:25 am
Nah, best shots are 115 m79 through little corridors, or up a little hole and perfect meeting with its target(which a lot of times doesnt count :/)....thats teh own ;P

cup_of_squirrels
February 7, 2004, 10:29 am
Or the best is to shoot through a line of bots with a sniper XD

frogboy
February 7, 2004, 11:15 am
The best ones are where the M79 shell curves around and hits someone, after missing on the way up. Its just so funny, watching someone miss and then get splattered everywhere.

palloco
February 9, 2004, 12:20 pm
Nothing like killing offscreen the enemy flagger with the deagles when he is next to enemy flag or when you are retreating with enemy flag, shoot the m79 and hear 5 seconds later you had killed someone

Deleted User
February 9, 2004, 6:12 pm
I have shot someone(used barret) when he had left my screen about 6 secs ago and he was carrying the flag... Luck i say! :D

Deleted User
February 9, 2004, 10:13 pm
Its good when someone fires an accurate barret shot at you and you duck, then cap their ass! I love that...

Kevio
February 9, 2004, 11:28 pm
Most of these kind of shots come to me when i'm using the M79...i just start feeling lucky and fire i shot into the air and boom, your dead.

RogueGreen
February 13, 2004, 10:08 pm
My greatest moment was on the infiltration map Abel or something. I was sniping anyone who came up the hill, and suddenly some took the flag. I saw them go out, I shot at them but missed and they got away. As a last ditch effort, I amied up closed my eyes and fired. It came up with the message I wanted to hear. I managed to snipe the flag carrier at the door to his base. But they scored anyway.

AerialAssault
February 17, 2004, 8:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
Actually, you *can* take offscreen shots if you see your target enter and then exit your screen, you can calculate the distance it will be in by the time you shoot and hit it. And these are the best shots for me, not when they're fluke, but when they're actually aimed.
im really good at this with LAW

MisterX
February 17, 2004, 9:08 pm
I like those shots as well. Most often I do them with Ruger. My enemy is badly hurt, runs away, out of my screen, to get a medikit. then i jump, maybe lie down, aim at where I think he must be, fire a few shots, and see the nice message "You killed" :) And with LAW its funny too. Maybe kinda lame, but they are easy to make on ctf_laos, red base. you crouch on the hill, aim at where you think the flagcarrier stands, fire a shot and run. But I don't do this too often, it's not really nice, because especially on Laos there isn't a real cover against those shots. wether you stand at the net, and easily get shot by those law shots, or you stand/duck on the hill in the base, but then you get easily shot by anyone.

But I think those Ruger shots are my "best" (more likely funniest - for me [;)]) shots, especially in 1on1's on Flashback. in the upper area I fight against my enemy, hit with about 1-2 shots, he runs away and flies directly to the medikit-platform. Even when the enemy is off the screen then it's easy to know where he must be. 1-2 shots again - victim!!

Oh and I really like those fights in the air, when my enemy is flying over me, reloading the m79, and right before he is able to shoot i "catapult" a nade right at his feet - victim again [;)]

Niff
February 27, 2004, 3:37 am
M79 teh pwn ^_^

Electro_cyc
February 27, 2004, 4:00 am
One time I switched weapons with some guy and I got a loaded barret from him and not aiming i shot him and the bullet killed the guy behind him and I picked up another barret from the body and accedently clicked my mouse and it killed someone of screen, then I took out my law and killed another guy right away and got a multi kill. Pure luck.

dadarkman
March 12, 2004, 1:17 pm
I once had a triple kill with 1 bullet...was pretty cool[:D]