( search forums )
[Nice update]CTF: Sandstorm 0.8
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
SDA
February 1, 2004, 11:15 am
Ok.. heres a litle biger update :)
If u want to try it come to this IP (my deticated server) : 193.77.124.12

Ok... worked on the map for another hour or so.. Made the mapsuport bots, still need to fix some bot glitches thats why its 0.8, shading is almost done (tell me if its ok), i munipulated with the scenary with my best skills (ill still add some stuff just need an idea:)).
Btw.. i played with 14vs14 bots earlyes and one of the bots actualy captured and scored with the flag [:D] so proved they work..
Map playability rocks (played it with a friend for 2 hours yesterday..)

So tell me what do u think

I borowed the truck from the Stalingrad map (im still waiting for the answer from the maker of it if i can keep the scenary in it)

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Sandstorm 0.822.15 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] REQUIRED SCENARY!!740 Bytes

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Map demo!!550KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE]map overvies (3/4 of details arent visible)73.93 KB

Fangus Deef
February 1, 2004, 4:49 pm
lookin gooood. finish it soon, or i kill you.

R
February 1, 2004, 5:07 pm
make more polygons and different ways to go, because from the look of it its extremely open and boring. and try rounding polygons and stuff like that.

fabmanx
February 1, 2004, 6:18 pm
Shading needs to be done...either then what R said good map.

SDA
February 1, 2004, 6:34 pm
Made some upgrades to it (2 secrets hiding places and 2 more "flors")

I did the best i can with the scenery and u need to try it live to see how it works. Bot suport isnt upgraded for the extra 2 flors (will be soon), shaded it a little bit more. Try it..
Updated picture and map in the 1st post

MikeShinoda.pheonix
February 2, 2004, 1:35 am
it looks pretty good. round some edges. have i seen that truck somewhere before???

SDA
February 2, 2004, 5:48 am
Yea. its from the stalingrad map... still waitng to see if i can keep it in my map..

Cookie.
February 2, 2004, 11:49 pm
great map looks realy good

SDA
February 3, 2004, 4:28 pm
Updated for 0.8.. Still aint finished.. Needs some tuch up and need to remove/add some scenary and fix some bot glicthes...

Tell me how do u like the shading?

GluLm
February 6, 2004, 1:53 am
the shading looks ok even though there are still some parts to improve (we can see the polygons, bleah). Yeah you definitely need to improve bots; I think you should remove the two "balls" on each sides that are quite annoying and also these small triangles on the first floor. I don't understand why there is a faded bunker at the bottom and left side... Also the stationnary gun on the truck isn't that good idea (in my opinion of course, I guess you are very proud of it in the end ;p). Clouds need more transparency, and you could add some more clouds too (keep them high). Add more trees or bush on the bottom part, it looks too flat.
This map will look good anyway, I'm sure of it ;)

SDA
February 6, 2004, 1:46 pm
those bunkers are transpatent for a reason.. looks beter then if theres nothing there(lol..)
On those triangels are the FLAGS so they are staying m8:) (or what did u mean?)
Why isnt that gun on the truck good? Its easy to retake it btw... (red side can snipe it, blue side can flank it from bellow so its ballanced)
More trees on the bottom? Where did u ever see trees in tunnels? heh... (if u can see the triagles couse of the shading thats normal.. its almost imposible to not have that effect.. look at the other maps in soldat)
Good idea on the clouds thou.. ill use it:) Tnx

GluLm
February 7, 2004, 5:50 pm
Well then you could add a transparent bunker on the right side as well ;)
About the triangles, you misunderstood, I was talking about the very small ones near the dead trees on the left side and near the bunker on the right side.
Also you got a point there about the gun on the truck. Actually this is all good!
About the bottom, if you don't want trees, maybe some holes or barrels could be added? It's just my point of view though.
Don't forget about the balls of dirt near each flags, they're still annoying :p