( search forums )
Mod support
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Cruku
February 1, 2004, 8:30 pm
I think it would be a rather good idea to add mod support in the game. You already have diffrent interfaces to choose from, so I think it would not be such a big job to make an option to choose from diffrent mods.

All the user would have to do would be to install each mod into a separate directory inside the soldat directory.

Cruku
February 1, 2004, 8:31 pm
And of course things such as weapon power and physics should be moddable :)

MisterX
February 1, 2004, 8:57 pm
there already is a mod changer available. not an official one, but it exists. just search the forums for "mod changer" :)

Fangus Deef
February 1, 2004, 9:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cruku

shutup.
yer an idiot, and I'm purdy shure youve read the manual/site Q's. Eat my shi7, you [:-censored].[xx(]

Cruku
February 1, 2004, 10:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Fangus Deef
quote:Originally posted by Cruku

shutup.
yer an idiot, and I'm purdy shure youve read the manual/site Q's. Eat my shi7, you [:-censored].[xx(]

What is your problem?

From the faq:
15. How can I mod the game?

It's not easy. You can just change the graphics, sounds and weapon names in Soldat\Txt\weaponnames.txt now. Remember that the weapons size must not be much larger than the original size.
btw. your post has been reported to moderators.

DNA.styx
February 1, 2004, 10:19 pm
Fangus Deef, no swearing at other members in this forum, one and only warning.

Fangus Deef
February 1, 2004, 10:19 pm
yer saying it'd be cool to be able to chnag physics and all that, but you know it's never going to happen, so this thread is 1/2 spam

MikeShinoda.pheonix
February 1, 2004, 11:05 pm
its not spam, its a suggestion. hints the name , suggestions. to cruku: its pretty easy to mod soldat. it just takes some time. you'll get used to it. :D

sauron_the_deceiver
February 1, 2004, 11:41 pm
Actually Fangus, I gave a detailed suggestion for more moddability ages ago, and Michal said he would look into it once 1.2 was released and sorted.

Fangus Deef
February 2, 2004, 1:26 am
sorry then. i was bein a bizznotch. i apoligize.
sauron: im more comfortable with the name 'peemonkey'

Koraktor
February 2, 2004, 4:01 pm
mod support like in half-life would be great.
each mod has its own directory with all the graphics, sounds and maybe physics and weapon changes or changes in the game menu (e.g. colors, background images).