( search forums )
How about this as an in game bonus...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Easy Grinder
February 2, 2004, 6:05 pm
Personally I'd like to see this temporary bonus (like the berserker and flame-god bonus) added to the game: an APU from Matrix Revolutions!
It'll look like a big crate, and when you pick it up the APU unfolds and you get in (on?). It'll only last a while, but longer than say flame-god, because you won't be invulnerable, you'll just be very toughly armored, so if the other players put some effort into it you can still be blasted off the APU and someone else can take it over for the remainder of the time.
The excuse for the bonus running out is that the APU's power packs only last so'n'so long.
You'll also be quite slow walking/running, and boosting takes long to speed up the APU ('cuz the damn thing's heavy!) so you won't go very high.
Ofcourse the pro of the APU is tht you'll be well armoured, and you'll have two absolutely KILLER machine guns on it! Those guns'll have to powerful, with say Ruger ammo and the Steyr's refire rate.
And they'll have to get a real phat sound effect, ofcourse.

Me, I love this idea. You? I dunno.

EZ

Koraktor
February 2, 2004, 6:51 pm
sounds crazy...
maybe difficult to put into the game.

but would be a lot of fun!
although i hate the movies (2 & 3)

villekallio
February 2, 2004, 7:00 pm
I dot hate 2 only 3. Ok idea. But then a n00b admin should set the bonus frequensy on max and should camp on the powerup place. (same happened with bulletproof vest power up... -_-)

Thegreatnick
February 2, 2004, 7:08 pm
possibly.
But this leads to the age old discussion on viecheles (i know my spelling is terrrible). I won't list the problems of vechiles, but the main one wuold be turning around and if it got stuck on a loose polygon. And as above, someone would just camp there to get 2 big machine guns. But i would like to see this implemented into the game, but doubt it will be.
nick
P.S Reloaded and Revoloutions were amazing

sauron_the_deceiver
February 2, 2004, 7:31 pm
Well first off...

quote:Originally posted by villekallio
a n00b admin should set the bonus frequensy on max and should camp on the powerup place.

No different to a n00b admin putting frequencies on max and camping on the predator/beserker/flamegod bonus spot...

quote:Originally posted by Thegreatnick
P.S Reloaded and Revoloutions were amazing

No doubt [:D], I loved them!

Well, I don't like this idea. It seems out of place unless vehicles were included.

Koraktor
February 2, 2004, 8:28 pm
not that i want to start a discussion about movies...
but matrix 2 and 3 are complete crap compared with the revolutionary story of the first one.
they are indeed good action movies - but not the best.

Hanyou
February 3, 2004, 7:26 am
quote:Originally posted by Easy Grinder
The excuse for the bonus running out is that the APU's power packs only last so'n'so long.

Another possible reason could be it runs out of bullets. You remember all those poor ammo runners who get killed in the movie, right?

Roy
February 3, 2004, 7:57 am
Revolutionary story, roflmgdmfao.

Sounds too much like a vehicle. This sounds very un-Soldat.

Fangus Deef
February 3, 2004, 8:04 am
<--Hasn't seen any of the movies, doesnt watch TV, thinks yer all talkin wierd shtuff...wants his mommy.
Anyway, woulndt fit in soldat. It's more of a late 80's early 90's action movies game.

Hanyou
February 3, 2004, 11:05 pm
The Rambo-esque one-man-against-an-army-who-never-even-suffers-a-cratch kind of movie...

Fangus Deef
February 3, 2004, 11:28 pm
exactly...as often happens to me in ctf/inf/rm