( search forums )
DNAGames Server Custom Maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DNA.styx
February 2, 2004, 9:05 pm
My ISP has asked me to reduce the bandwidth DNAGames is using, so I'm taking all our servers offline for a while.

But the map pack still lives here:

DOWNLOAD - Zip file

OK, time to try something a little bit differant on the DNAGames server, if it works out we stay with it, if it doesn't we wont..

I've going to start dropping custom maps on the the server, to start with just two in six. The plan is that:

a) it will give some of the many, many top class maps out there some server time

b) it will free up some player slots for regular Soldat players by kicking off the folks that don't bother downloading the custom maps

I imagine that I'll add more custom maps to the server every week, dropping ones that folks don't like, changing the rotation etc

Anyhow, so the big question is what maps and where do you get the from.
To help me with that I've called upon the help of enjoyincubus our own Master Mapping Moderator. He's put together a NEW improved map pack.

With new maps, bug fixes etc etc, download it and overwrite your current maps as needed.

The **NEW** map pack can be downloaded from
here - Zip file

Install it into your soldat folder.

As for the question of Bonuses and Stat Guns, both will stay for the moment 'til I see how the custom maps work out.

Server info:
Address: soldat.dnagames.net
Port: 23073 (default)
Ping Kick: 300ms

[IMAGE]
(Stats Image fixed...yay!)

Want to say thanks for the top class server?[url="https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=ads%40dnagames.net&item_name=Just+to+say+thanks+for+the+DNA+Games+servers&no_note=1&tax=0&cy_code=GBP"]
[IMAGE][/url]
Clan bookings also avaliable!

Current rotation:
ctf_Laos2
ctf_Voland
ctf_desert
ctf_cold_morning
ctf_Kampf
ctf_haze
ctf_Fall
ctf_Laos
ctf_mistlands
ctf_Viet
ctf_kampf2
ctf_bridge
ctf_B2b
ctf_Swasi
ctf_showdown
ctf_voland2
ctf_Run
ctf_B5b
ctf_trench

House Rules
Excessive spawn camping will earn you a kick, repeat offenders will be banned
If the server is full anyone called Soldier will be kicked after just one warning
Please use English on server
Voting enabled

Server now running Windows Console Server v1.2 b2.

New map details:
ctf_b3b - by EnJoY
ctf_b5b - by Rambo 6
ctf_bridge - by EnJoY
ctf_cold_morning - by Meandor
ctf_death2 - by EnJoY
ctf_desert - by Archia
ctf_equinox - by Tha Doggfather
ctf_fall - by Rambo 6
ctf_haze - by EnJoY
ctf_kampf2 - by EnJoY
ctf_laos2 - by EnJoY
ctf_mistland - by unknown
ctf_run2 - by EnJoY
ctf_showdown - by EmoAC
ctf_swasi - by Inquisitor
ctf_voland2 - by EnJoY

Aquarius
February 2, 2004, 9:22 pm
Yay! I love you Styx!

Hitman
February 2, 2004, 11:58 pm
Wow, those maps are amazing! Especially Cft_Bridge!

?
February 3, 2004, 12:00 am
coolies

BManx2000
February 3, 2004, 12:09 am
AWESOMEBIX!

BIX!

T.J.FoRd
February 3, 2004, 12:32 am
i love da bobseldin on top of b3b

Chakra
February 3, 2004, 12:34 am
A dedicated server with custom maps....it's about bloody time.

kevith
February 3, 2004, 2:06 am
ctf_b3b is pretty dang cool. I agree that it's about time that a "real" server started using custom maps.

eyic
February 3, 2004, 5:02 am
awsome maps :)

palloco
February 3, 2004, 12:02 pm
Good job

Drama
February 3, 2004, 4:59 pm
lets play them !

Aquarius
February 3, 2004, 5:06 pm
Yeah! Styx, add the maps to the list. Let's play them NOW!!!!

Hitman
February 3, 2004, 5:32 pm
Yeah, pleeeeeeeease

Fangus Deef
February 3, 2004, 10:58 pm
i went on a server who's name suggested it was DNA and it had the maps, but it turned out they were no longer in rotation...those [:-censored]s

enjoyincubus
February 4, 2004, 12:29 am
The quickest and most efficient way to get people to download the maps is to put them into the rotation.

View example:

Player One turns on computer. Player One says "hmm...time for some Soldat on DNAGAMES! IT'S THE GREATEST SERVER EVER!" Player One gets in. Player One has fun. Map ends. Player One gets kicked because he doesn't have the map. In a case of strong curiousity, Player One ventures to the forums and downloads the maps. Player One rejoins the game that has now filtered all the n00bs out.

DNA.styx
February 4, 2004, 12:31 am
OK, so it looks like it's time to get them custom maps in the rotation, I'll add two for starters. Top post updated.

kevith
February 4, 2004, 2:28 am
I've been running a little server (called ***** something - w/8 players) the last few days and I have the server message say "You need the map pack -- www.soldatworld.com/maps.zip" 1 in every 4 maps is one of the new ones. I've had a ton of ppl go download the maps bc of that just today. I look through the log and people keep saying "brb gotta get the map pack." It's working alright but the most amount of ppl I've ever had on one of the rounds with a new map was 4. I wish it just came with the Soldat 1.2 download... people are lazy.

elitentity
February 4, 2004, 6:27 am
Wow, this idea sounds awesome! I hope dnagames server stays like this.

Icarius
February 4, 2004, 12:28 pm
It should work really well...
I espically like B3B... that would be great for a large map.

Kain_
February 4, 2004, 2:05 pm
Well I've played today on DNA with two new maps and I must say that this is really great! I like the maps and this is a great change[;)]

BManx2000
February 4, 2004, 2:45 pm
Geez, so that's why I got connection problems. Why does it let you vote for maps that aren't in the rotation? Should I post this in the bugs forum?

SuperKill
February 4, 2004, 3:12 pm
nice maps and all
tho my opinnion is:

they....are.....way.....too..............BIG
they fit for a 10vs10 game !
haze and death 2 are ok, but all the other has 4 access ways or more.. and they are just plain huge ;P
*on b3b i dont like that the map doesnt have a close roof.
m79ers stands no chance on that map, and the background is making me feel depressed
*bridge is almost unplayble for around 3vs3.. there will be very little action.
*voland 3 is ok i guess, only too much accessbility options.. which reduce the action and shooting ammount. still its good cuz its not TOO wide and not TOO narrow.
*death 2 is nice.
*cold morning's giving me some interface error.
*showdown is a good map, realy fun to play.... on a 30vs30 match
*haze is great but i dont know.. i just HATE that background.

other then that its cool.. and those are just my opinnions (whinings) ;P

DNA.styx
February 4, 2004, 6:17 pm
Yup, b3b's too big for the few number of people that have themap pack, I'm dropping it from the rotation, it will be back later..ctf_voland2's has been added

Sekushi
February 4, 2004, 11:47 pm
I'm all for this. It'd be good for a change.

Cookie.
February 5, 2004, 3:30 am
not many people have figured out to download the maps yet :P maybe u should put it in the server message like Welcome to Dnagames : Download new mappack at forums

Fangus Deef
February 5, 2004, 3:37 am
what he said. noones ever in there. they suck

DNA.styx
February 5, 2004, 9:28 am
not many people have figured out to download the maps yet
Custom maps are bound to reduce the number of player on the server, it's part of the plan....

also if you remember back to when the server was pasworded, no where on the server did I advertise where the password was, people just took the time to go looking for it...same will happen for the map pack.

Souza
February 5, 2004, 10:08 pm
snowy ctf_b3b rocks :D excelent maps!

?
February 5, 2004, 10:48 pm
yeah i love b3b

Spectral
February 5, 2004, 10:59 pm
ya b3b is quite good, but havnt played it with ppl, i understand that it would be too big.

Sekushi
February 6, 2004, 1:35 am
No map is too big. :P

TeenSpirit
February 6, 2004, 7:13 pm
The maps are really amazing, I like espacially ctf_death2, it became playable after few changes ( the upper tunnel).
I really admire the authors of the maps, and I'm waiting for more :D

Aquarius
February 8, 2004, 1:05 pm
STYX, I think you should add the rest of the new maps to the rotation, because many players already downloaded the map pack.

DNA.styx
February 8, 2004, 1:26 pm
Naw, I think it's still too soon, I've seen the server go from 12/12 full to 2/12 when it's a custom map, I'll give it another couple of days then add another map....

Rambo_6
February 9, 2004, 1:38 am
wow, as said previously, those maps are huge!

I'd like them though, if lotsa people played.

N1nj@
February 9, 2004, 2:00 am
Ya, this is wiked. Very nice map.

Lurking Dark
February 9, 2004, 3:20 am
my god.... why didn't someone think of this earlier.....
this can keep the server intresting.

Aquarius
February 9, 2004, 8:23 am
The PEOPLE kept the server interesting earlier. And now... ehhh. Styx should make a password again IMO.

Sekushi
February 9, 2004, 12:39 pm
Wasn't the reason he removed the password because the server was (almost) always empty?

DNA.styx
February 9, 2004, 1:13 pm
The password was removed because of the launch of v1.2 to allow _everyone_ the chance of playing on a (cough) good server :) (I've never seen the DNAG's server empty for more then a couple of hours...even when the crazy server software banned almost 800 IPs over a period of a couple of weeks :/ )

I think it's going to stay without a password as the custom maps are flushing out the newbies who don't make the effort to download the map pack.

I'm also play more on the server, likewise I've seen several of the forum mods on in the last week, any one of us will kick/ban, n00bs, idlers, spawn campers, etc etc.

Aquarius
February 9, 2004, 1:49 pm
The problem is the server is no longer good - to many n00bs, idlers, spawn campers, base campers, insane minigunners, server is crowded because of 12 slots etc etc.

palloco
February 9, 2004, 3:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
insane minigunners,

Muhahahahaha, we will take the control of every servers

villekallio
February 9, 2004, 3:10 pm
->Muhahahahaha, we will take the control of every servers
Same. But aqua you didnt mention chainsawing. :P

Aquarius
February 9, 2004, 3:14 pm
I have nothing against minigunners and chainsawers, who know how to use these weapons, but I have seen on DNAGames a guy who was standing at his base and shooting the flag with minigun. I don't know what he was doing, but he didn't help our team.

"a good server"? It WAS good.

xXShavoXx
February 9, 2004, 8:26 pm
Cool, glad to see my map made it. :)

DNA.styx
February 9, 2004, 9:07 pm
I don't know what he was doing, but he didn't help our team.
And did you try PM/ICQ/IRC to get an admin to kick him?

Cold Fusion
February 9, 2004, 9:17 pm
Are you going to remove the powerups/etc at any stage? It's already known that most people prefer dnagames without these. =)

DNA.styx
February 9, 2004, 9:20 pm
Perhaps just for a couple of days...but I kinda like them, adds a random element to the whole game just to keep us long term players on our toes :)

Cold Fusion
February 9, 2004, 9:32 pm
Are you insinuating that moi isn't a long term player?! ;)

DNA.styx
February 9, 2004, 10:34 pm
Nope, you notice the use of the royal 'us' :)

Update: Ok, I've just played a couple of maps with the server full, and it does get a bit too hectic, I'll drop it back to 10 next time the server's empty..

Rambo_6
February 10, 2004, 3:18 am
Hey, styx, would it be possible if there could be a new server with maps that aren't currently on the rotation? Just to, you know, test them out. I don't mean to be bragging, but my CTF_Marshlands map is pretty intense, but that's with bots. It's shaded and everything!

*shamelessly advertising* :p

enjoyincubus
February 14, 2004, 8:59 pm
The Dnagames Map Pack will be updated soon to correct all the bugs and make everything smoother, meaning you guys will have to redownload the map pack.

It hasn't been updated for the public yet though...I'll tell you when it's been updated. :)

Sekushi
February 14, 2004, 10:18 pm
Yeah, like the fscking death polys above red's in ctf_voland2? XD

Yet, it is funny to hear firt-times on voland2 scream "WTF!11!" several times before the learn. :P

enjoyincubus
February 15, 2004, 1:37 am
I think I'll add another map in, just for laughs. One is a cool WWI/WWII trench-style warfare map with tons of stationary guns and wierd twist.

Here...I'll list the changes and additions:

ctf_voland2 - fixed the "poly of death" and deleted bridge...you'll see
ctf_death2 - fixed poly bugs and changed background
ctf_kampf2 - modded kampf to include a bridge and raised bases
ctf_laos2 - made new pathway and made a bit smaller
ctf_b3b - snow taken off and bg lighter...also deleted a pathway to make smaller
ctf_cold_morning - texture and bg change
ctf_haze - snow taken off and texture change and bug fixes
ctf_showdown - no real changes
ctf_bridge - no real changes
ctf_run2 - shortened version of Run with some texture and bg changes
ctf_valley - trench war map

There's an overview...They'll probably be released tomorrow or later tonight.

Sekushi
February 15, 2004, 2:31 am
Can't wait. :D

N1nj@
February 15, 2004, 1:38 pm
I played it, it looks sickening (if that's a word). Good job EI

enjoyincubus
February 15, 2004, 6:00 pm
I'll give you guys the link now...though Dnagames isn't updated yet. Whenever Styx comes on, however, that will probably be changed. So if you're not planning on playing on dna for a little while, you can update now.

http://soldatworld.com/maps.exe (auto-installer)
http://soldatworld.com/mappack.zip (zip file)

Alternately, there will be another link for those of you who want a standard zip file instead.
There are...12 maps in total. Enjoy.

Hercule Poirot
February 15, 2004, 8:02 pm
meh... maybe someone (enjoyincubus) could gather good infiltration maps together in one mappack and styx could host 3vs3 inf server becouse no one dosent really play inf game mode i like it more than ctf but theres no servers well theres was m4d sctfl server which i played like 2-4 hours in day but now thats gone too

maybe michal should make more inf maps to get ppl play it...

Souza
February 15, 2004, 9:57 pm
dnagames server doesnt seem to be working for me... i dunno what's the problem.. i type "soldat.dnagames.net" on the server thing, press "connect" and nothing happens...
i also try to click the server in the lobby thing and nothing happens.. weird O.o

Sekushi
February 15, 2004, 10:50 pm
That happened to me earlier. Made me cry. ;(

DNA.styx
February 15, 2004, 11:33 pm
Server upgraded and restarted, try it now.

Sekushi
February 16, 2004, 1:23 am
Works now, but why don't I ever see you playing, Styx? :(

enjoyincubus
February 16, 2004, 4:39 am
Can you restart the server once more?

It doesn't seem to be working. I get in after about 20 secs, but it just goes to the "Free Cam" mode and then nothing else ever happens. :-/

Sekushi
February 16, 2004, 5:11 am
Yeah, same with me, it gave me the WMV bug as well. :x

DNA.styx
February 16, 2004, 7:27 am
Can you restart the server once more?
Done so.

but why don't I ever see you playing, Styx?
Perhaps you need new glasses? I'm in there at least once a day...

DNA.styx
February 16, 2004, 1:28 pm
Restarted it.

Update:
Voting now works for maps not in the current rotation
ASE registering still disabled
Bad packet spam still back :(

N1nj@
February 16, 2004, 1:36 pm
I think Michal told us to ingore the bad packet stuff...

Yin_Starrunner
February 16, 2004, 4:37 pm
damn. i d/led the mpas but i cant join the server! whenever i try to join, it says "requesting game" and nothing else! someone help me plz!

Aquarius
February 16, 2004, 5:37 pm
LOL... IMO something is still wrong with the console server :|

Roy
February 16, 2004, 5:42 pm
The maps are okay... IMO they're too big, dark, and unfamiliar.

Sekushi
February 16, 2004, 8:29 pm
The only one that I think might be considered for revision is b3b, just way too big.

DNA.styx
February 16, 2004, 8:30 pm
I've removed the custom maps for a couple of days 'til I test the new console server (saying that you can vote for them in-game if you want)

Souza
February 16, 2004, 10:11 pm
yay! it works now styx thx =D

DNA.styx
February 20, 2004, 2:12 pm
new map pack released, full of new maps, bug fixes and it's even smaller than the last map pack....download it now and overwrite your current maps.

I'll start adding the new maps over the weekend..

..feedback here as usual plz.

DNA.styx
February 21, 2004, 1:01 pm
New custom map pack added to rotation, as per the first post.

scarecrow
February 21, 2004, 1:45 pm
i cant join it gets stuck at waiting to join:-/

omenamehu
February 21, 2004, 1:55 pm
I have same problem :/ and after I installed new mappack soldat gives some "acces violation error" and then crashes! :O

cup_of_squirrels
February 21, 2004, 2:17 pm
WHat teh f? I get the same prob. What have you done to Soldat Styx, WHAT?!!

cup_of_squirrels
February 21, 2004, 2:50 pm
Oh great, now I can't play Soldat full stop. Damn those maps, may they be eternally burnt in the sin bin.....

DNA.styx
February 21, 2004, 8:18 pm
Sounds like the requesting game bug, a restart should sort it.

What map was playing that 'gave' you the access violation?

enjoyincubus
February 21, 2004, 9:16 pm
Hmm...I gave the same map pack to 5 people before I released them...no problems for them. :-/

DNA.styx
February 21, 2004, 11:39 pm
cant join it gets stuck at waiting to join:-/
It's just happened again, seems the map voting could be causing it. I've reported this to Michal and disabled voting for the time being...

Rambo_6
February 22, 2004, 10:19 pm
I think the new map, ctf_trench, is stupid. It has waay too many turrets... :(

And what happened to ctf_haze? The first version was the best, now its all colored funky... XO

N1nj@
February 22, 2004, 11:12 pm
ctf_trench is suppose to like that, that's why it is called trench (trench war). Didn't your history teacher teach you that?

Rambo_6
February 22, 2004, 11:19 pm
Thats why i hate it, it has a bad layout. It's obvious most people will try avoiding the stupid center where you're esay to pick off. I suggest taking one turret from both bases, and removing the center turrets.

EDIT: found a glitch on the Dnagames ^new^ maps server. Somehow, i got kicked 5 minutes into a ctf game on ctf_haze cuz it thinks " i have the wrong version". Any help? And yes, i have the latest maps.

xriso
February 22, 2004, 11:26 pm
I'd like to see a REAL trench warfare map. A big long terrain with very little deviation from flatness, but then dig out some pockets (trenches). Stat guns all over, but once you put your head above the trench you're in for some trouble!

Either no jet fuel or short jet fuel to compensate for the lack of the 3rd dimension.

It would be nice if there was some way to discourage people from bombarding with bullets. In real life you have to worry about ammo, after all. At the same time, encourage bombardment with LAW, like a sort of mortar.

Perhaps an ammo belt should be added to realistic mode, with ammo crates at home bases.

Maybe DNAgames should be running just custom maps?

DNA.styx
February 22, 2004, 11:30 pm
EDIT: found a glitch on the Dnagames ^new^ maps server. Somehow, i got kicked 5 minutes into a ctf game on ctf_haze cuz it thinks " i have the wrong version". Any help? And yes, i have the latest maps.

Works fine for me, how about deleting ctf_haze and then reinstalling?

Rambo_6
February 23, 2004, 4:01 am
I guess i'll have to.

I just played on the server, its really fun! :D

good job!

Sekushi
February 23, 2004, 4:52 am
quote:Originally posted by xriso
I'd like to see a REAL trench warfare map. A big long terrain with very little deviation from flatness, but then dig out some pockets (trenches). Stat guns all over, but once you put your head above the trench you're in for some trouble!

Either no jet fuel or short jet fuel to compensate for the lack of the 3rd dimension.

Wouldn't really work in Soldat. Just wouldn't.
quote:
It would be nice if there was some way to discourage people from bombarding with bullets. In real life you have to worry about ammo, after all. At the same time, encourage bombardment with LAW, like a sort of mortar.

Perhaps an ammo belt should be added to realistic mode, with ammo crates at home bases.

Wrong part of the forums.
quote:
Maybe DNAgames should be running just custom maps?

Be alot less people because most don't go to the forums, and it'd be empty alot more often.

DNA.styx
February 24, 2004, 1:35 pm
I've fixed a bug that was causing the server not to auto-restart if it crashes.

Rambo_6
February 25, 2004, 2:46 am
quote:Originally posted by xriso

I like the map idea, it inspired a whole other idea from me! As for the LAW bombardment, bullet bombardment, I'd leave both those rules out. [;)]

Good to see the server so full all the time. *Cursing because I can't get on*

DNA.styx
February 25, 2004, 8:46 am
Take the trench map chat to the Maps forum plz :)

DNA.styx
February 27, 2004, 7:29 pm
Server updated to latest console server:

voting (should be) fixed
stats images work again
Server now registered with ASE

Rambo_6
February 28, 2004, 4:54 am
DNA, if it is okay with you, i created a DNAGAMES server #2 for those who can't get on the first one. It has the ctf_showdown map in rotation! YAAAA!!!!

lala
February 28, 2004, 3:47 pm
i cant download this great maps!!!!
help me!!!!!1

DNA.styx
February 28, 2004, 4:02 pm
DNA, if it is okay with you, i created a DNAGAMES server #2 for those who can't get on the first one
Taken to PM.

lala: what's the problem, go to the first post in this thread, click on the download link, point it into your soldat folder, join server...

Cold Fusion
March 1, 2004, 5:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
Server updated to latest console server:

voting (should be) fixed
stats images work again
Server now registered with ASE

Pity that the possible cheat bug is back again though. =\

DNA.styx
March 1, 2004, 8:01 pm
yup, but will find that you are banned only for a short period....

Folks using *real* cheat will be banned perminantly (I know I've tried 3 hacks/cheats and got banned each time)

All in all don't forget this is still a beta..

Souza
March 1, 2004, 8:05 pm
yep.. ive been banned twice two days ago or sth like that... but as u said, i got unbaned

Mcrakin9
March 5, 2004, 1:18 am
looks good i hope i don't get kicked for wrong map version

DNA.styx
March 5, 2004, 6:56 pm
the server's been crashing into freecam mode a couple of times in the last two days, Michals got some test builds to see if he can see what's causing it.

DNA.styx
March 6, 2004, 10:16 am
more new maps added to rotation.

sande24
March 6, 2004, 10:26 am
hey i have just been cheat kicked from the server!!! i have never cheated and i dont even know any cheats!!! why am i banned!!!!????
i just owned some of the guys and was best for... 5 or 6 games...

DNA.styx
March 6, 2004, 10:34 am
Banned from servers and Bad Packet errors

BeTeL
March 8, 2004, 8:55 pm
well i got kicked for playing over 10 secs in a row... and i got bad packets size to... its most annoying not be able to play more then 10 secs on favorite server... sure is

Sekushi
March 8, 2004, 10:08 pm
yup, but will find that you are banned only for a short period....

Folks using *real* cheat will be banned perminantly (I know I've tried 3 hacks/cheats and got banned each time)

All in all don't forget this is still a beta..

Styx you are haxx0r?! [:-scared]

Dathker
March 9, 2004, 2:35 am
BTW who is .... Dan ...he had admin powers on the DNA server...was it you DNA cuz DNA is DAN with the a and the n switched around...

but then some one said that it was micheal what ever his last name is....
so?

DNA.styx
March 9, 2004, 1:00 pm
I've no idea who DAN is >;-)

But he's not a happy puppy when folks call him a newbie for having a low K:D ratio :)

DNA.styx
March 9, 2004, 1:03 pm
Styx you are haxx0r?!
Yup, I collect and test my hacks with each new version.

die nadel
March 14, 2004, 7:45 pm
ya those maps are pretty sweet

Antifate
March 14, 2004, 10:35 pm
AWESOME! I love ctf_haze! so much jetpack! [;)]

Spooky
March 18, 2004, 5:24 am
so the servers are dead right now.

like they work and no one's on em

wtf?

Tha Doggfather
March 20, 2004, 8:15 pm
new mappack is finished styx (look in mod forum)

please put it on ASAP, i really want to play my map 5 vs 5.

Rambo_6
March 21, 2004, 2:54 pm
I want to see ctf_Fall go online! GOGOGOGOGO!!!! [:p]

DNA.styx
March 23, 2004, 8:06 pm
Latest and greatest map pack added to first post of this thread, will add it to the server shortly.

Hitman
March 23, 2004, 9:24 pm
Yay!

DNA.styx
March 24, 2004, 1:17 pm
Here's details of the maps included in it:

ctf_b3b - by EnJoY
ctf_b5b - by Rambo 6
ctf_bridge - by EnJoY
ctf_death2 - by EnJoY
ctf_desert - by Archia
ctf_fall - by Rambo 6
ctf_haze - by EnJoY
ctf_kampf2 - by EnJoY
ctf_laos2 - by EnJoY
ctf_run2 - by EnJoY
ctf_showdown - by EmoAC
ctf_voland2 - by EnJoY

Aquarius
March 24, 2004, 1:33 pm
Add the new maps to the rotation Styx [:D]

Hitman
March 24, 2004, 5:16 pm
ctf_b3b - by EnJoY
ctf_b5b - by Rambo 6
ctf_bridge - by EnJoY
ctf_death2 - by EnJoY
ctf_desert - by Archia
ctf_fall - by Rambo 6
ctf_haze - by EnJoY
ctf_kampf2 - by EnJoY
ctf_laos2 - by EnJoY
ctf_run2 - by EnJoY
ctf_showdown - by EmoAC
ctf_voland2 - by EnJoY
RAWR!

Hektik Sniper
March 24, 2004, 5:22 pm
seriously, there are a lot of good ones in there. But you put all the bad ones in the rotation, Cold Moring, trench and show down are HORRID. Bridge is the best imho

Hitman
March 24, 2004, 5:27 pm
Cold Morning rocks! Except for the bases; they kinda need to be improved...

Aquarius
March 24, 2004, 5:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hektik Sniper
seriously, there are a lot of good ones in there. But you put all the bad ones in the rotation, Cold Moring, trench and show down are HORRID. Bridge is the best imho

Showdown is one of the most playable maps in the mappack IMO.

Hektik Sniper
March 24, 2004, 5:43 pm
heh
i dont like it personally, just feels like its not well made if you catch what i mean

Tha Doggfather
March 24, 2004, 6:24 pm
Here are the maps i would like to see in the rotation:

ctf_b3b - by EnJoY
ctf_bridge - by EnJoY
ctf_desert - by Archia
ctf_fall - by Rambo 6
ctf_kampf2 - by EnJoY
ctf_voland2 - by EnJoY

Hektik Sniper
March 24, 2004, 7:43 pm
b3b is waaaay too big for a 5v5 server it needs like 10v10 ¬_¬

DNA.styx
March 24, 2004, 9:54 pm
yup, b3b is too big for 4 vs 4....b5b is a camper's dream (but I'll add it anyhow), ctf_equinox is pitch black for me, makes it quite unplayable (unless I'm missing the point?) Anyhow, new rotation added (perhaps I should be removing some of the older maps)

Aquarius
March 24, 2004, 10:00 pm
remove Laos2, it's to similar to Laos even as a map variant.

Tha Doggfather
March 24, 2004, 10:02 pm
please add equinox, its not that dark at all. some people say its dark because their monitor isnt configured correctly (turn up your brightness!), most people that played it didnt find it too dark.

Hitman
March 24, 2004, 10:11 pm
quote:ctf_equinox is pitch black for me, makes it quite unplayable (unless I'm missing the point?)No! Keep that one in!

Sekushi
March 24, 2004, 10:15 pm
Equinox is pwnage. Keep it in! :D

palloco
March 25, 2004, 6:56 pm
I already hate ctf_fall. It is unplayable: Look my ping and fps:(I usually have 170 ping and 40 fps in normal maps)
[IMAGE]
(I alsoget the same problemwith no minigun)
It is too big, plz remove it.

Rambo_6
March 26, 2004, 1:59 am
damn, i was hoping to see me map in action.
[:(]

*wonders if he can make a smaller, playable version*

Tha Doggfather
March 26, 2004, 6:39 am
im having the same problem with ctf_fall, but i really like the map.

maybe if you would add a ceiling to the map, the problem would be less (CPU wouldnt have to calculate bullet trails that go that high)

Spectral
March 27, 2004, 5:58 pm
not sure what's goin on, but since i downloaded the new ctf and inf maps for dnagames, ive had like double the amount of access violations, regardless of server. and i was banned from the dnagames ctf server for possible cheat.
but ya the experience i had with ctf_fall was a good one. it's a fresh map and does not cause noticeable fps problems

DNA.styx
March 28, 2004, 2:26 pm
Tha Doggfather has updated his map: ctf_equinox to make it a bit brighter (looking much better IMHO), the map pack has been updated with the new version, but you will need to download it again if you get the "wrong map version" error when tying to connect.

Rambo_6
March 28, 2004, 4:08 pm
Cool.

DNA, do you think i could make a better, less laggy version of ctf_Pitfall? If so how can i make it have less lag?

It's quite fun, but lots of lag occurs....

b00stA
March 28, 2004, 5:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfather

maybe if you would add a ceiling to the map, the problem would be less (CPU wouldnt have to calculate bullet trails that go that high)

Rambo, the problem probably is that the bullets fly up AND down, so they exist longer. If you would limit the way up, then there wouldn't be so many bullets flying around..

Souza
March 28, 2004, 9:18 pm
i also wish that pitfall was removed.. it causes too many lag for me and my fps rate falls like bricks O.o

Rambo_6
March 29, 2004, 2:14 pm
We're just discussing how to fix that.

My new version has a roof, and i've made the pitfall less deep. I also removed some useless sceneries. I think it's much more enjoyable now![8D]

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] pitfall.JPG26.72 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] PitfallUpdate.zip36.6 KB

palloco
March 29, 2004, 3:18 pm
Cool. But even if there were less fall nobody will perceive th difference in gameplay, since you can hardly get up if you are under the lower terrain.

DNA.styx
March 29, 2004, 7:09 pm
Guys can you take the map making chat to the mappers forum plz. TVM

Rambo_6
March 29, 2004, 11:15 pm
Ok, but one last thing. I made less fall because maybe that would make less trouble of following the bullets so far to the bottom.

Anyways, back on topic. I found ctf_Kampf2 to be a tad... Unprofessional looking. The best parts of the maps were covered over... :(

Tha Doggfather
March 31, 2004, 5:30 pm
so is equinox in the rotation now?

xpl0d
April 1, 2004, 11:42 pm
thaaaat's right ;)

Mcrakin9
April 2, 2004, 5:53 am
I just got banned from this server for "possiable cheat" it was the map haze there were three people in it i was blue and the red people were red they were using minis and laging the map up so i got a barret and laid down and shot cuz if you zoom you know with your mouse you can see a little more and if you shoot you see were the bullet goes so i shot at them. was somthing i did cheating if not can you let me back in? i never cheat i always let someone know if i see cheating. i also try to keep teams even on all maps and try to votekick people that are afk. so i try to make shure things are fair i am the last one that would cheat. if DNA.styx would contact me so we could talk about this i would apperate it if not i will contack him thro pm thanks for your time hope to get back in the server

Aquarius
April 2, 2004, 8:27 am
Don't use barret against minigunners, it's cheating.

Mcrakin9
April 3, 2004, 6:40 am
how? or are you being sarcastic?

Rambo_6
April 3, 2004, 1:39 pm
Sarcasm. I've been kicked like that too, it's just a glitch ;)

ToTu
April 3, 2004, 3:18 pm
Those maps are really good. I like Showdown the most[8D]

April 4, 2004, 1:23 pm
Put ctf_gunfire in the rotation! Now!

ToTu
April 4, 2004, 4:17 pm
You have to kill minigunners with Miniguns or even better... let them shoot their 100 bullets and then use the good old chainsaw to kill em[^]

-karvinen-
April 9, 2004, 2:51 pm
the server doesn't work[:(!]

Tintin
April 10, 2004, 12:29 am
I don?t think they?re even up, I may be incorrect though.

cup_of_squirrels
April 10, 2004, 9:43 am
*cries* Styx computer is ill :(

DNA.styx
April 10, 2004, 10:24 am
(see fist post)

cup_of_squirrels
April 10, 2004, 2:07 pm
Oh I see...... damn you styx's ISP!!

DNA.styx
April 10, 2004, 5:48 pm
Don't damn them too much, they have given me free bandwidth, server, SQL and web hosting for the last 3 years.....they also pay my mortgage 'cosI work for them...

Hitman
April 10, 2004, 5:57 pm
So basically all you have to pay for is food and bills? Lucky Bas..

Spooky
April 13, 2004, 1:27 am
so when do we get the servers back?

Souza
April 20, 2004, 10:20 pm
yeah.
i miss the server :S i miss showdown and desert :S AAAAAAAH! must...get... server...set.. up... dnagames ctf... arrrgh

i think i need to cut down the coffee :S
anywho.....

Rambo_6
April 24, 2004, 2:36 pm
Ah, so that's what happened...