( search forums )
Kill Flamer, add Ripley's Flamethrower!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Fangus Deef
February 3, 2004, 8:12 am
Since all the flamer is good for is toasting yourself, lossing your secondary and messing up your range, why not change it?

In the movie Aliens, the main charicter Ripley taped a flamethrower to an assult rifle and [:-censored]ed up some space-turds.

So I'm thinking that when you pick up the flamer, it gives you a flamethrower taped to whatever gun you have, so that whenever you pull the trigger, it shoots yer gun, and the flamer. The flamer has about 10 seconds of feul (in total), and then it's gone. If you only do a 1 shot burst (barret), then it goes off for a whole second.

With this, you'd be able to kill someone with your gun, whil right in front of you, yer toasting an enemy flagger.

Maybe to put more of a limit on it, if you havent used it in 3 min, is just goes off by itself or explodes, killing stuff.

I'm just kinda throwing it out there, maybe tweak the limits or something, but please keep to the origional idea and don't flame. Yea, I know, stupid pun, whatever.[;)]

Subslider
February 3, 2004, 6:52 pm
While i Also think something has to happen to the current Flametrower Since its not that good for killin enemy's, but only for killin yourself..

i like your idea but then the Flametrower must be really powerfull if you wanna kill 2 dudes at the same time..

Fangus Deef
February 3, 2004, 11:01 pm
guys, cmon! gimmie more input! (thanks sub)

n00bface
February 4, 2004, 4:41 am
Indeed. I like this idea. Very mucho.

Fangus Deef
February 4, 2004, 4:46 am
thanks llama...i knew you loved me!

SILENT
February 4, 2004, 5:59 am
heh..i hate the flamer.. Just leave it be.

Roy
February 4, 2004, 7:51 am
Didn't the flamer used to make you invlunerable? Bring it back to that, and maybe increase its range a bit.

b00stA
February 4, 2004, 12:48 pm
Roy, the flame god isn't really a god in CTF / INF games.
but afaik you can't be killed in DM etc.