( search forums )
Time. Day to night. Lighting.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
NuZZ
February 3, 2004, 12:11 pm
Well, as pheonix way talking about, the idea of light fading from night to day appeared :D! SO i feel strongly about it so, here it is in more "official form" (A topic). Ok so in the server you can set time intervals from day to night, say 1 minute (in secones)from day to night. And it would be just like a transperent layer over the screen and the backround changes colour also.
More suggestions needed!

Camping_Carl
February 3, 2004, 3:31 pm
and thats when we all started to play counter strike......

Hitman
February 3, 2004, 3:32 pm
I like it, I think that would be pretty cool! But...it should be an option

Subslider
February 3, 2004, 7:09 pm
yea as an option
but also like you can set the Density of the Darkness..
like from:
just a little more gray,
Dark..See each other but at a range..
Darker seeing each other From a little distance and when like someone shoots an m79 and it all lichtens up..

again.. Just an Idea..

Hitman
February 3, 2004, 7:10 pm
quote:when like someone shoots an m79 and it all lichtens up..That would be sweet!

Anti-Commie
February 3, 2004, 8:11 pm
That's one of the best deas I have ever heard! Maybe also in the editor you could place lights and a powerup might be nightvision (limited time say 30-1minute seconds).

SDA
February 3, 2004, 9:10 pm
No ty... rather not... It would probobly add 10 MB to soldat and the maps would be more complex.. ty but NO.. We map makers have it hard as it is now, we dont need more elements, we just need moer scenary :P

Subslider
February 4, 2004, 10:19 am
Well as for me i really doesnt matter how big soldat is..
as long as downloading it is fast i really dont care..=)
And as for placing Licht that Could be part of the scenery..

idioto3
February 4, 2004, 8:26 pm
anyone can make make scenery anywayz... but anywayz, yea it should be an option, nightvision sounds good, but then again, when it turns night, i shouldnt become that dark...

NuZZ
February 7, 2004, 7:07 am
SDA is on drugs!
Just because he runs on a 14.4 k connection.
It wouldnt add sht all to the size, man your so computer illiterate!!!!!!!
You think making a map is hard? BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT IT!
I can make good qualitie maps in less than 15 mins! But most good mappers can! I havent even seen any of your maps YET!...
Just put away your argument. ITS POINTLESS!

CidicT
February 8, 2004, 4:07 am
good idea, when you shoot it lights up around you..... MEAN

DeepII
February 8, 2004, 10:27 am
i think it's a good idea! but it should be an option...

and it would be cool if there are lamps...when you shot on them they have a physics engine...this would be cool!!! a real lightning engine would be amazing!

Liber_Lupus
February 8, 2004, 11:28 am
Idea is nice, but im 90% sure it will stay as a dream.

karmazonpl
February 8, 2004, 11:30 am
im 100% sure it will stay as a dream

eesahe
February 8, 2004, 11:35 am
I'm 110% sure it will stay as a dream

bucky_brad
February 8, 2004, 2:18 pm
lol yeh this is a cool idea kinda like warcraft III add an lot more mood i think or whateva its called.

but im 120% sure it will stay as a dream

kkazican
February 8, 2004, 9:57 pm
woohoo battles that are at a stand still during night. enemies sneaking in under the cover of darkness! WOOWOO! A+

CardBoardWarrior
February 9, 2004, 8:22 pm
Having a night mode and day mode, then having light flashes and such from firing weapons, nades, m79's and LAWs, would be enough for me. Night vision would be a cool power-up.

Sekushi
February 9, 2004, 10:10 pm
Night vision could be like an equipment box, like grenades, and last the whole session of nightfall?