( search forums )
New server going up
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
El_Mariachi
February 3, 2004, 8:13 pm
Hey!
In light of the recent random bannings from our beloved dnagames, the public servers being overrun by spawncamping [:-censored]ers, me being in a generally bad mood, ive decided to try to have my server up as often as possible.

Those who have played there, many or most european clans that is, will prolly have different opinions about it.

It is run on a p4 3.0 HT, 1024 mb 3200 RAM, ati radeon 9800 PRO etc etc.
Connection is a bit unsteady 10mbit, it is from times to times an excellent server, and from time to times a warping server, but still, it is a server, with a password, that will be good most of the time.
Ip is 2wai.kicks-ass.net
port: 23073
pass: refuge
The pass will be subject to change from time to time, I may require the server for personal use, or it may have become too widespread.
Many of my fellow 2wai are remoteadmins, so scream in our channel if there is sumfing wrong. #2wai.soldat @ quakenet.

Gamestyle will also be subject to change, but expect a pretty standard ctf with all weapons enabled.

/Mariachi

Cold Fusion
February 3, 2004, 8:23 pm
Mari == teh pwn

MisterX
February 3, 2004, 9:16 pm
aw, no more "no barret" server? :/ especially in 1.2 a server like that would be great.
and i'm going to try out the server as soon as possible, at the moment it's full. normaly i would say this sucks, but as the server is just a few hours old, that rocks!

[Edit]
not even a "few" hours on.. 1 hour, nice o.O

[Edit²]
omg, Mariachi, PLEASE deactivate barret. was playing there for 5-10 minutes. what did i see? nearly just camping, hiding barretusing noobs walking around... you want a camperfree server? deactivate barret! oh please Mariachi, please :/

Chakra
February 3, 2004, 11:47 pm
I gotta concur luv...us normal people need a refuge. No barrets!

palloco
February 4, 2004, 8:19 am
I survive more time against barreters than against autos

El_Mariachi
February 4, 2004, 8:44 am
Hmmm, are the barretts really that much of a pest? I know there are a lot of inexperienced players embracing them, but the quota of skilled users choosing the barrett is still high then I suppose...
Im going to keep the barrett a little longer, see how it works out, ok?

(of course, some ppl might be offended by the mere thought of taking the barrett away, I on the other hand become offended by a server where 90% of the players uses 10% of the weps, if that means shutting out a few of the I-can-only-use-the-barrett players, I apologize, but there are plenty of servers that has the weapon enabled. As long as my server is full, there can be no critique against its settings, only to play or not to)

anyways, as for now, the barrett stays.

/mariachi

Icarius
February 4, 2004, 12:32 pm
Heh, watch the topic desend into another thread about the Barret and things...

MisterX
February 4, 2004, 1:08 pm
@mariachi i can say i am experienced, i am playing Soldat since the version 1.05b, so you can't say i'm a noob, but I still hate barret. so, now that the lobby was down it was ok that barret was activated, but could you please deactivate it, now that the lobby server is up again? if barreters wanna play, they can go to the bazookerzzz server, the dnagames server, and nearly every other server that's online. but there aren't many, or just no server with barret deactivated, so it would just be great if yours would be the one server without barret...

Hektik Sniper
February 4, 2004, 1:11 pm
personally i prefer to play against the barrets, as playing against them means your better able to kill em ;)

El_Mariachi
February 9, 2004, 10:21 am
Ok, took away the pass, server was pretty dead with it.
Alternating between barretts and without, why? Because an unpassworded server will have more new players, the latest trend is new players choosing barrett and camping like mad.
Also, lots of afkers, I warn them first, then I ban them for a couple of days, nothing personal, just that an afk can really ruin a game, especially since i have a rather low player limit @ 8 players.
/Mariachi

(mister X, i didnt say u are a noob, did i? if u took something i wrote as saying that, then u had better read again ;) )

Sekushi
February 9, 2004, 1:14 pm
This is a personal dedicated server, right?

MisterX
February 9, 2004, 2:40 pm
@Mariachi: misterx/MisterX! without a damn space! :) And no, i didn't think you said i am a noob, but I read it wrong, yes.
I can't join the server, but I hope you disabled the barret. As i said, there are nearly just server with barrets, but nearly no server with the barret being deactivated..

El_Mariachi
February 9, 2004, 7:00 pm
Sekushi, it is a personal dedicated server instant of soldat, until i get my router running it is however not running on a dedicated server machine.
Mister X, as i said, i will alternate between no barretts and barretts, and im sorry if i spelt ur name wrong, oops i did it again ;)
/Mariachi