( search forums )
Singleplayer Missions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Blutonium_Boy
February 4, 2004, 2:57 pm
I'm a complete newbie to Soldat, discovering it only about 2 hours ago and i reckon it totally rocks. It's the sort of game i would make if i possesed the know-how and had the time. I think another cool feature that could be added to Soldat are single-player missions. I'd love to to play the game in other scenarios other than deathmatch and arena based levels. Like a hyped up Super Mario level[:D]. You could do all sorts of cool things like storming enemy encampments, assasinating officers, search and destroy missions, recon etc. etc.

MisterX
February 4, 2004, 3:17 pm
yes, right. you have to know this has been suggested many times before. but I hope, even if there aren't any official singleplayer missions that there will be a way to make such missions yourself with the mapmaker. but then with an enhanced realistic mode, so that you would have to sneak around, or just couldnt rush through the levels. I really hope something like that will be possible in one of the next updates..

wert21
February 4, 2004, 3:50 pm
Mmm,bad idea. Soldat is funny becouse it's an arena..i don't think it's so nice playing alone.

Anti-Commie
February 4, 2004, 4:57 pm
Yeah, Soldat wouldnt't be the same if you added a bunch of new objectives all over the place. Aren't infiltration and CTF enough? You can do plenty of recon and storming of bases in those.

BMF
February 4, 2004, 8:05 pm
*sigh*

Chakra
February 4, 2004, 8:31 pm
How about some map-making twat with some spare time makes a inf map with spread out multiple spawn points over a vast landscape ....theres your single player buddy.

Blutonium_Boy
February 5, 2004, 1:27 am
Sorry for the suggestion. I just think that it would be a cool idea, that way the physics engine could be utilised in different ways. And you could even create a platoon and go thru with ya mates like a co-op mission in Halo.

fabmanx
February 5, 2004, 4:24 am
Sorry, but soldat is soldat, nothing more nothing less.

Sekushi
February 6, 2004, 1:41 am
Soldat is really only fun online.

Joei
February 6, 2004, 4:44 am
Anyone been to a Zombie arean... yea, its kinda like that,

eyic
February 6, 2004, 5:42 am
isnt this supposed to be in the game improvements board?

frogboy
February 6, 2004, 6:34 am
Meh, its not like anyones going to move it...

Razorwolf
February 7, 2004, 12:16 am
I cannot see any missions in single, cause that would be boring as heck. The only way I see missions are in Multi. One would be that one team is trying to kill a building and the other is trying to protect. (only 2 teams should play in that mode IMO) So they wouldn't go well with single.

DNA.styx
February 7, 2004, 9:39 am
Meh, its not like anyones going to move it...
Moved.

eyic
February 7, 2004, 9:46 am
frogboy u got rocked XP

frogboy
February 7, 2004, 9:50 am
Bah, you did that because of what I said, didn't you.

cup_of_squirrels
February 7, 2004, 10:26 am
oh it always ends in arguments.....

Alamo
February 7, 2004, 3:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by cup_of_squirrels
oh it always ends in arguments.....

why shouldn't it?

I like the idea of Single missions. But not for Soldat... I guess it really would be boring to play Single Missions in Soldat... I like Zombie Servers, but imagine playing it alone... It's totally boring to play alone...

DeepII
February 7, 2004, 4:49 pm
hum...singleplayer...one word: no

but multiplayer missions, where you have to fight against Bots(well...they have to be a little bit more intelligent) in a team...maybe 5 ppl or so...this would be fun! but the maps have to be changed...there must be looooooong maps, but not so high...and bots must have their own spawnpoint and they don't walk, but they jump behind walls when the human team see them...THIS WOULD BE FUN!