( search forums )
Better mp3 Quality
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DeepII
February 4, 2004, 10:33 pm
I've registered Soldat today and directly tested everything. the registered version is so cool but there's one thing that i think should be made better: the mp3-player! the idea is great but it doesn't work great. when I play mp3's it sounds horrible! everything sounds scratched and i can't understand a word. when I play the mp3's in Windows Media Player it sounds great. plz Michal: make a better mp3-player!!!

btw: I posted this in the "Game Improvements / Suggestions" Forum and not in the Bugs-Forum coz I don't think it's a bug and has to be "improved"!

b00stA
February 5, 2004, 2:45 pm
I think it's a bug, because I never heard of this and it works fine for me (I'm registered ofc).
Maybe it's your soundcard.. you could try another "Sound output type" or something else from the "Sound driver list". You can set both with the config.exe in your Soldat directory.

DeepII
February 7, 2004, 1:33 pm
THX for your help b00sta!!! I've changed the sound driver to "Windows Multimedia Waveout" and now it works perfectly!!! I had "DirectSound" selected and maybe it's coz of my Soundchip. I actually don't have a soundcard...I'll bought a "Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2" in a month or so...

plz close!