( search forums )
Long demo bug
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Josh1l6
February 5, 2004, 3:18 am
I hosted a dedicated zombie server today (Zombies [Bravo humans]) and I recorded a demo while I was away for 6 hours. The demo file is 6.05 Mb. I tried to play it 3 ways:
-by windows command line
-by typing "demo" in the game server IP, port 0, and clicking join
-by using Diamond Demo Player
none of these ways work. In the Join Game screen, it says, "Playing demo" but nothing happens. I played the intro demo and that worked. So I guess there's either a bug with very long demos or you can't record in a dedicated server. BTW I'm registered so there's no limit to the length of my demos.

EDIT: I've tried recording other demos since then, short ones, but I can't play them. I can play the intro demo and demos I've downloaded on the forum but just not one's I've recorded. Hope it's just some setting I have to change to make everything magically work? Don't flame me about how I must have a crappy computer.

SERIAL KILLeR
February 5, 2004, 9:51 pm
I had the same problem before i couldnt play the demos i recorded but other demos like the into and some i downloaded worked fine.
Then i reinstalled soldat and i could record and play the demo again.

I didnt test if i could play the demos i recorded with the first intall cause i accidently erased them.

Josh1l6
February 6, 2004, 3:57 pm
I reinstalled and everything works fine! Thanks.