( search forums )
Chainsaw still sucks like hell!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MeshBlorg
February 5, 2004, 6:34 am
I was mainly looking foreward to this update for a:

-chainsaw fix

Chainsaw was the worst weapon in the last version, and nothing has been done to improve it. Now its made even worse! WTF MICHAL?

Chainsaw: is stronger and has less ammo

Stronger? wtf it was already instant kill

Less ammo? wtf it already had incredibly low ammo and terrible reload time.

You'd think he'd improve the chainsaw much more because it has like NO RANGE. The range factor is the ultimate challenge with the chainsaw. You have to get in close to attack while the enemy is firing ranged bullets at you. The knife is 3x more useful than the chainsaw now because it is throwable.

2 versions ago the chainsaw was a good weapon (when the chainsaw first appeared). It was challenging to get up close. That was a real challenge, and I liked it because I was rewarded if I was able to get in close enough. It was also ideal for crowds because it had ltos of ammo and insant recharge. Yes it was a great murder weapon but I believe it was balanced because it had very little range. Only the knife needed to be improved.

I am incredibly dissappointed in Michal on this update that I waited for so long. The least he could of done was taken the weapon out, rather than putting it to more shame after having been useful in the past.

palloco
February 5, 2004, 8:26 am
Chainsaw was not instant kill,it was in 114 but not in 115. But I agre, it is almost powerless I continue using the knife because it provides me more chances to kill and survive. But now it is not so funny making chiansaw duels.
A rolling attack had been suggested, and I agree is a good idea as well as a chance to avoid shots when you are using it.
Anyways the solving of the high amount of bugs is more importantant

MisterX
February 5, 2004, 1:06 pm
chainsaw is more likely a fun weapon at the moment. if i use it, then just for fun. but minigun isn't as good as all the other primary weapons as well, so i think it would be ok if chainsaw would just be the weapon it's now. but maybe it could be improved, so it won't be too strong in normal use, but could be a really, really strong weapon if you would know special tricks how to use it (if there would be those tricks), wich would be hard to learn. but i don't think this will happen, i myself don't know how to make the weapon a good, but fair weapon, too.

kevith
February 5, 2004, 1:35 pm
I still think chainsaw is just about perfect right now. It takes 2 "bullets" to kill somebody and so it is virtually insta-kill. The slow reload, small ammo, and lack of 1-hit kill are mainly to combat the HUGE rash of spawn killers that popped up after 1.1.4 came out. I actually use the chainsaw quite a bit as my 2ndary now bc when you're running back with the flag you always come upon little enemy barret campers who are completely oblivious to your presence. You need something that will kill them fast and that you can keep running with. Knife could work, but chainsaw is more fun.

b00stA
February 5, 2004, 2:34 pm
As Michal said.. the chainsaw is just for fun and it's "only" a secondary after all.

AquaShyGuy
February 6, 2004, 5:18 am
Meh, atleast he didn't change it back into the 1.1.4 one :/

MeshBlorg
February 6, 2004, 6:43 am
quote:Originally posted by AquaShyGuy
Meh, atleast he didn't change it back into the 1.1.4 one :/

I thought the 1.1.4 one was the best. It was really good back then. But they should bring it back the way it was now when bullets do much more damage.

If they brought it back now it would be still challenging to use considering how easily it is to be killed by bullets now.

It just doesnt make sense.