( search forums )
Effects on movement from bullets
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Gaah
February 6, 2004, 10:29 am
In realistic, when you get hit, you should be knocked back/stunned for a second.

After seeing the changes on the movement of a body which has just died, and is flying back, I would enjoy the Max Payne 2 physics. Anyone who has played Max Payne 2 and used the AK or Colt and repeatedly fired into a persons face, especially in DMW (I got 36:51:49 for Manor Yard)and/or in slow mo and seen the person fly back, cartwheeling or whatever. It is really fun just seeing peoples head and upper body fly back with the rest of the body continuing forward. If you have played Max Payne 2, I highly recommend it.

Michal Marcinkowski
February 7, 2004, 12:37 pm
I didn't play Max Payne 2 but I think the effect is similar to Hitmans physics?
Btw. Soldat character physics where based and inspired by Hitman physics.

Alamo
February 7, 2004, 3:34 pm
Yeah, that would be a cool new feature... In Max Payne 2 you can make the corpses fly very far by emtying a whole clip of Colt Commando ammo into him... But being stunned wouldn't be cool. I guess it would make the game 'too realistic' and too CS-like. (I hate being stunned after being hit in CS)

CidicT
February 8, 2004, 3:57 am
cool, haha that would be so cool. flying corpses like on Max Payne 2 would own

Jamesbarrock
February 8, 2004, 10:09 pm
corpses do fly, ever get a sniper in 1.2 hide and when someone is running at you full speed and shoot them? they flip right over you and the little "[:-censored]" thing they say is left with their head

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 8, 2004, 11:23 pm
nah, i wouldn't want some crazy corpses flying everywhere

Kevio
February 9, 2004, 12:11 am
I'm very satisfied with the movement of bodies as it is...i think they fly pretty well heh.

Hitman
February 9, 2004, 12:40 am
I don't see what's so special about my physics, but yeah..

Aquarius
February 9, 2004, 1:17 am
ROTFL

Roy
February 9, 2004, 2:13 am
Bodies already do move when they are hit or firing. However, you have to realize that according to basic 10th grade physics, when you fire a gun, the force exerted by the bullet as it leaves the gun is the exact same or greater than the force exerted by the bullet as it hits an object. Some of the physics in Soldat are really messed up in this respect. If you fire a shotgun, you should be kicked back just as much as your target is when he is hit. It's even worse with the minigun. If you fire a minigun, whoever you hit gets knocked back quite a bit, but the person firing is hardly moved at all. This is completely unrealistic.

Of course, Soldat isn't realistic... in fact it takes a lot of hints from various movies. And we all know how [:-censored]ty physics are in movies. (The perfect example being a guy getting hit by a shotgun blast will fly 8 feet backwards into a glass wall while the firer hardly twitches = absolutely impossible)

Jamesbarrock
February 9, 2004, 2:28 am
I can shoot a 12 gauge without hardly twitching, practice, it does recoil, but It only recoils you back if you let it

Kevio
February 9, 2004, 2:54 am
to much realism in this game would ruin it....there nothing i hate more than recoil in a game. I'd like to keep it like it is.

Roy
February 9, 2004, 3:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Jamesbarrock
I can shoot a 12 gauge without hardly twitching, practice, it does recoil, but It only recoils you back if you let it

My point that getting hit by a shotgun blast would never be more forceful than the recoil of that blast.

Josh1l6
February 9, 2004, 7:28 am
Leave that to realistic mode.

Explosion shock waves should cause a recoil effect too.

Roy
February 9, 2004, 8:50 am
quote:Originally posted by Josh1l6
Leave that to realistic mode.

Explosion shock waves should cause a recoil effect too.

Explosions DO effect you. Jesus have you even played the game?

Unless you mean having an even BIGGER shockwave area, which would suck. If the explosions were made more realistic, you'd die from explosions if you were within 10 feet of them. And with the amount of grenades, rockets, and M79s in the game, you'd die way too fast.

sqweek
February 9, 2004, 7:46 pm
quote:My point that getting hit by a shotgun blast would never be more forceful than the recoil of that blast.

However, the force is applied differently in each case. The victim is pelted with shells, and can't do much other than accept the kinetic energy and be knocked back.
On the other hand, the shooter can absorb [some of] the recoil using his arms - the force doesn't necessarily affect his position.

Slamex
February 10, 2004, 8:30 pm
I feel like bullet hits already impairs movement. More than that would make it too easy to kill.