( search forums )
Correct Zone Alarm Settings?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
el_brio
February 6, 2004, 4:58 pm
Well since I can't seem to get SOLDAT to work correctly with my firewall off, I will try to get it to run with it on.

I use Zone ALARM and I went into "Medium" zone settings and for incoming UDP I opened 26073,83 (ports are from my memory I used the correct ones though). I did the same for outgoing UDP. Can't seem to run a server though.

What are the correct settings for Zone Alarm? And where exactally do you enter the ports? I am a loser noob. I can't figure it out.

Thanks

BRIAN

Zaphod_Beeblebrox_666
February 7, 2004, 6:32 am
Ahh another Zone Alarm victim
i dont know the solution to your proble ive been posting desperately about this for a while but noone seems to know [:-weepn] i was getting huge lag and unable to host
i only got the lag on 1.1.5 so dunno about 1.2 but the not hostings been an issue (for me) since 1.1.3

zone alarm also has a knack of still affecting your programs while its turned off if this is a problem you need to totaly desable the true vector programe to (from memory might be wrong)

anyway i had to sacrifice zonealram and get some different firewall softwere just so i can start playing again
its a shame i knda liked the new zone alarm
but im afraid that the only soluton that totaly worked whith zone alarm and soldat was to not use it

unless some kind persons gonna post an solution sometime [;)]