( search forums )
Wep switching time
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Anti-mff
February 8, 2004, 2:16 pm
I think that the time it takes to switch between primary and secondary weapon should be shortened in the next version. Maybe cut down to a quarter of what it is in 1.2
Perhaps it wouldn´t be all that realistic but it would add to the variation. Rather than going on with the same weapon almost all the time you would start switching more according to the exact situation. For an example you could use your auto-weapon just for getting close enough to finish him off with knife or chainsaw (as it is that tactics is normally not to recomend as the long weapon switching time makes it faster to simply kill yor opponent completely with the primary).

CardBoardWarrior
February 8, 2004, 2:20 pm
Agreed, but in realistic mode the switching time should stay the same.

DNA.styx
February 8, 2004, 2:25 pm
(moved)

Aquarius
February 8, 2004, 3:07 pm
I don't like the idea. I use secondary a lot, especially in DM. I switch weapons according to the exact situation. Maybe you just need a bit more practise. Some things needs skill.

It would be another "improvement", which decreases differences between newbies and experienced players. It is not good IMO.

Dark_Noddy
February 8, 2004, 3:30 pm
I agree with Aquarius... on 1 hand ppl are screaming "de-nearf soldat !! Its to damn user friendly, why dont adda ingame tutorial ?!" and on other hand: "Its to hard, I dun have any skills and my mom wont play form me ! Plz make it easier !!"

The only good there could come out of this is if there is different switch time.. like, it takes less time to pull a law out of ur ass then to pull out ur socom or knife..

Anti-mff
February 9, 2004, 7:56 pm
Noddy:
I can´t be absolutely sure that you´re wrong, since I haven´t played the game with shortened wep switching time, but I don´t think it would have that effect. Of course you can use this sneaking tactics with finishing enemys off with secondary weapon short range as it is but it would be more effective with shortened swithcing time. Of course that makes it easier but it also makes it harder for yor noob opponent that just sprays bullets at you as you advance towards him. This compensates it. Only major change in gameplay that I can imagine that shortened wep switching time would lead to is introduce of more tactics.

Law is quite easy to use. That´s the gun, if any, that should have a bit long switching time if you want to make Soldat harder.

Sekushi
February 9, 2004, 10:09 pm
Or, we could just leave them all the same, play Soldat, and be happy with what we have. It barely takes any time to switch to secondary, so why make it even shorter?