( search forums )
Player made banners
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Spike
February 8, 2004, 11:09 pm
Would be cool to have player made banners like a small little space where you can create a banner and it apears next to your name on the scores section and there could be an option so it apears next to your soldat or above like one of the f1-12 buttons. Pointless but just thought of it so posted.

moysturfurmer
February 8, 2004, 11:30 pm
I like it. It may be hard to implement, but I like it.

?
February 8, 2004, 11:34 pm
great idea its would be neat to have

Kevio
February 9, 2004, 12:09 am
Reminds me too much of Continuum (Subspace) but not a very bad idea....i like it.

CbbLe
February 9, 2004, 9:02 am
small pics would look kinda ugly imo.

eyic
February 9, 2004, 9:11 am
One word : awsome...

I can see it now, my own custom small logo with "m00`" on it Michal, this is a must have, IMPLEMENT IT OR DIE! :P

Roy
February 9, 2004, 9:40 am
Hey, not a bad idea at all actually. It would have to be really small though... like 16x80 pixels or something, but still, you could do a lot in that space.

MisterX
February 9, 2004, 2:42 pm
if it would just be in the stats, ok. but ingame i think it would be disturbing..

Drama
February 9, 2004, 5:55 pm
Or a clan logo like in cossacks shell:

[IMAGE]
(doesnt really look that bad thought, bad screenie)

sauron_the_deceiver
February 9, 2004, 6:22 pm
Clan logos, I like the idea of that! Yeah, its a good idea.

Fangus Deef
February 9, 2004, 6:58 pm
imagine mine.... get what im sayin m00`?(christ spread eagle)

Sekushi
February 9, 2004, 10:06 pm
For the 56kers, this would be just another thing to slow down their gameplay, maybe if they could disable the banners, then okay. Also, for the size of the player's information [text wise] in the score box, they'd be so small you wouldn't be able to do barely anything.

But flags for nationality would be kind of cool on the side.

Captain RibMan
February 10, 2004, 6:03 am
flags is a good idea cos then you can see if ppl live in ur country and see why their ping is high or low

frogboy
February 10, 2004, 6:27 am
Or you can just ask them... 8|

Clan flags, on the other hand...

Drama
February 10, 2004, 7:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Sekushi
For the 56kers, this would be just another thing to slow down their gameplay, maybe if they could disable the banners, then okay. Also, for the size of the player's information [text wise] in the score box, they'd be so small you wouldn't be able to do barely anything.

But flags for nationality would be kind of cool on the side.

LoL 1 logo as a BMP is about 2kt is it too tough ? And they should be saved to some soldat folder that u dont have to download them again and again

m00`
February 10, 2004, 7:33 am
Michal, this is a msut have, PLEASE ill do anything!

Josh1l6
February 10, 2004, 8:46 am
If Soldat automatically converted large-file-size formats to GIF or JPG, there couldn't be any worse complaint about bandwidth issues than if you were to complain about AIM buddy icons.

Spike
February 10, 2004, 11:50 pm
well i got the idea from infantry/subspace they got little banner things its cool :)

CidicT
February 11, 2004, 2:56 am
sound pritty cool all tho im a 56ker

Sekushi
February 11, 2004, 3:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Drama
LoL 1 logo as a BMP is about 2kt is it too tough ? And they should be saved to some soldat folder that u dont have to download them again and again

Lol, yeah, forgot about the actual size. If nationality flags were implemented, it'd be much easier to just have them in a set directory created by the installer.

Spike
February 12, 2004, 4:02 am
Well i kinda think it should be more than nationality so poeple can have personal banners ones they make to represent themselves or clans

Chakra
February 12, 2004, 4:53 am
Very, very nice idea. Just a little 20x20 'icon' no bigger than a kb. They could be downloaded before entering the game and even 'saved' for when someone with the same name returns. An option to turn off downloading icons mid-game would also be nice.

Additionally, this'd be another nice reason for registering.

NightCabbage
February 12, 2004, 11:34 am
20x20 is way too big...

see that little blue box? that's 10x10

[IMAGE]

-EDIT-

LOL what a crap screenshot to pick... ah nvm...

SuperKill
February 12, 2004, 11:39 am
this idea HAS to be implented somehow! ;SSS

NightCabbage
February 12, 2004, 11:45 am
yes, but just come up with a good size :P

eg. 16 long x 8 high

Aquarius
February 12, 2004, 11:46 am
Well maybe not a banner... I have another idea: let registered users to edit the star sign (but the custom signs should be visible to other players). The star is 8x8, but the custom sign could be larger (eg. 11x11)

Drama
February 12, 2004, 1:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
Well maybe not a banner... I have another idea: let registered users to edit the star sign (but the custom signs should be visible to other players). The star is 8x8, but the custom sign could be larger (eg. 11x11)

Nah, When u have clan tag like [clan] before your name, there appears a logo, which u should have in your 'clans' folder (if u dont have one it gets it), but why not also the star editing ? But there would be noobish marks which look like a pixel

Spike
February 13, 2004, 4:54 am
banner!