( search forums )
When is a person ready for a clan?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
February 9, 2004, 6:47 pm
A n00b ([:I]) should never be able to join a clan, we know that from games like Battlefield: They're the ones who fires the artillery into a group of friendly people, start shooting at you and say 'TAG!' and crash a car into your tank. In other words, its awful.

So, take a guy ([8D]) who has never played Soldat on the net... He has the same difficulties with bots on 'impossible' setting as a n00b ([:I]) would have with bots on 'easy' setting.

Is our guy ([8D]) ready for a clan? Or should he get used to playing on the net first, against thinking targets?[?]

Your opinions...

kevith
February 9, 2004, 6:53 pm
No matter how many bots you play against, nothing is the same as playing against real ppl on the internet. What's the use of joining a clan if you have never even played online? How would you know if you're any good? But then again... anybody who wants to can join/create a clan.

Alamo
February 9, 2004, 7:28 pm
Playing against bots is like playing against headless chicken... Make him play on the net for a LOOONG time until he can join (and test him before)

TIR_Blade
February 9, 2004, 9:32 pm
I dont think you'd be too amazingly into picking up a guy who doesn't play on the net cuz he'd prob suck, so he's ready when he is good enough basicly...

Razorwolf
February 9, 2004, 9:51 pm
No... just no. Bots are more easier even on Impossible. He should get used to net play... a few weeks and he should be ready to go. Just have him practice for a little bit before each game. That should help him kill more easier.

Kevio
February 9, 2004, 11:22 pm
I'm basically agreeing with everyone here...The guy should not be able to join a clan until he is experienced on the net. It's so much different playing against real people.

Essentle
February 9, 2004, 11:55 pm
err.. i got into a clan after like 1 and a half weeks of playing..
O ya im n00b, i've been playing 6 months woohoo

R
February 10, 2004, 2:10 am
theres a difference between playing well with bots and playing well with people. theres also a difference from being in an okay clan and a good clan. Play on the net for a while until u find you are getting around the same score every time. Then try to get into an active clan who plays a lot of matches. You will find yourself getting better still while in a clan, it helps u a lot for clan matches. Then, if u find u dont like that clan, leave and keep practicing. Work your way up until you are able to get into the top clans out there.

wert21
February 10, 2004, 10:53 pm
Kevio,nice avatar [:P]
Btw,i think that is not a fixed time to join a clan...there are so many variables...so when you kick some good ass,you could try do make a tryout. Or join a little clan and expand it with your skills.

Optik
February 10, 2004, 11:31 pm
bots and net is biggest diff ever lol i have trouble beating few bots on hard even and on the net i lvl to top pll so here's the best exaple heh even tho i havn't played the bots for like few months lol still

?
February 11, 2004, 12:35 am
your ready to join a clan when you are invited into one

Acey
February 11, 2004, 1:51 am
Soldats concept isnt very hard to grasp...

kevith
February 11, 2004, 2:10 am
quote:Originally posted by ?
your ready to join a clan when you are invited into one
Agreed. If you're going into random servers and saying "Can I join somebody's clan?" then you're not ready....

Sekushi
February 11, 2004, 3:10 am
What if... it was a n00b clan? XD

enjoyincubus
February 11, 2004, 3:38 am
I got into my first clan on my second day of playing...XT, as I remember.

There isn't really a predefined moment that tells you "ok, you're ready to be in a clan!"

After a week in XT, I said "screw it...i'm playing well with my 56k modem and getting cable in a week, so I'm going to start my own clan!"

And so {GSS} was born...then we began playing matches. The beauty of it all is you decide when you're ready, as in anything.

Captain RibMan
February 11, 2004, 8:09 am
NEVER! clans are taking over the world. and toothpaste is evil. oh and diet coke makes you go crazy later on in life

Chrusherman
February 11, 2004, 3:40 pm
I am allways give them a tryout [:O] If they are good enough he may join [^]

scarecrow
February 11, 2004, 5:13 pm
bleeeeeeeeeeeeh i hate clans but i like fighting agains teams so first i didnt like to play agains teams cuz ctf_death and ctf_kampf sucked and cuz mikra sucked but HH(or smething) was THE map!!!!
but i think you are ready if ya want a clan

Sekushi
February 11, 2004, 10:48 pm
...I thought you said you didn't smoke pot.

Captain_Jimbo
February 12, 2004, 12:06 am

Blegh, bots are too easy. I spent the first month of Soldat fighting bots. Playing against real people is a lot more fun and "educational".

Happy Camper
February 12, 2004, 2:07 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain RibMan
diet coke makes you go crazy later on in life

my dad drinks that stuff, maby that is why he is INSANE

Sekushi
February 12, 2004, 2:28 am
Maybe it's because you're his kid. :P Lol jk.

Alamo
February 12, 2004, 6:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain RibMan
oh and diet coke makes you go crazy later on in life

[:-censored]
im gonna go crazy!!!
my mother is buying nothing else [:O]

Sekushi
February 12, 2004, 10:07 pm
Well, you could always resort to water.

sensai
February 12, 2004, 10:48 pm
alamo, i feel ur pain, all i can get is diet

Deleted User
February 15, 2004, 7:31 pm
Diet coke is SO horrible... It too sweet! Makes me sick...[xx(]

bLaStEr
February 15, 2004, 8:06 pm
quote:alamo, i feel ur pain, all i can get is diet
quote:Diet coke is SO horrible... It too sweet! Makes me sick...

Why did you guys post that useless crap...

Anyway. I think... that... when you always have something around 40-80 kills in ctf games then you are ready :]