( search forums )
Dedicated Server trouble?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Muffin Man
February 11, 2004, 12:38 am
Grr, ive been looking around, and noticed many with the same problem, or similar problem. Mine is, when i host a dedicated, me or friends cant join it. You can see it in the server list, but under ping it says ??? (i see this a lot, what does it mean?). Im going to tell you now, that im behind a router, but not a firewall (or not that i know of). I have no idea how to open ports eigther. Anyone want to explain to me how to get my server to work?

*note* I doubt my dad will want me messing around with the router, and i dont really want him to know im doing this, so i want to make sure the router is the problem before i do anything about it.

Roy
February 11, 2004, 4:05 pm
What brand/model router is it? You can't just say "I have a router" and expect us to help you, there are many different kinds of router.

ass_wipe
February 14, 2004, 8:42 pm
i have this same problem. how would i find out which router i have?

Roy
February 14, 2004, 10:17 pm
Uh, look at it. ;)

It might not be a router problem though. Lots of people seem unable to join lots of different servers. Not necessarily anyone's fault, except Soldat's I suppose.

darkstar
February 17, 2004, 2:07 am
i have a linksus. What do i have to do?

kevith
February 17, 2004, 3:17 am
Try this link. It takes you to Toadsmoke's step-by-step sticky about setting up your own server. You can also search that forum for specific router issues. The same thing that is happening to you used to happen to me until I used this forum and found all my answers [;)]

toadsMoke
February 23, 2004, 2:23 am
[;)]