( search forums )
The Flamethrower SUX,why not a selectable weapon ?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Gore
February 11, 2004, 2:56 am
I think Michal Marasdsda tried to make the flamethrower good enugh to be a powerup, but it still suxs hard, maybe its better to make it a salectable waepon as any other but just balance its power a little bit, anyway the flamethrower even with its actual power, can't beat a machinegun, or in my case I always kill flamers with the barret, its not a big deal. Why not a selectable weapon ?

Nice idea heh ?

CidicT
February 11, 2004, 2:59 am
it sound allright i guess....but that just kills everything

Gore
February 11, 2004, 3:17 am
quote:Originally posted by CidicT
it sound allright i guess....but that just kills everything

yeah anyway the fire goes out at the speed of a bullet,just make it slower and its done [:D]..

Sekushi
February 11, 2004, 3:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Gore
I think Michal Marasdsda tried to make the flamethrower good enugh to be a powerup, but it still suxs hard, maybe its better to make it a salectable waepon as any other but just balance its power a little bit, anyway the flamethrower even with its actual power, can't beat a machinegun, or in my case I always kill flamers with the barret, its not a big deal. Why not a selectable weapon ?

Nice idea heh ?

You have maligned the name of the holy creator! You shall be smited!

*smites*

MisterX
February 11, 2004, 12:58 pm
with flamegod you should have 200% health. in 1.1.5 it was a bit over the top (being invulnerable), but 200-250% health would be enough to make the flamethrower a worth powerup. but even now it's good, because if you got the flag and want to run away, got less then 10% health, but the next medikit would be in your base, then the flamegod is a nice alternative to the medikit :)

kevith
February 11, 2004, 1:34 pm
^ That's the only reason I ever grab it (as a substitute medikit). At least in CTF you don't kill yourself with it anymore. That has made it a lot more useful than it was before.

doffencom
February 12, 2004, 7:07 am
quote:Originally posted by MisterX
with flamegod you should have 200% health. in 1.1.5 it was a bit over the top (being invulnerable), but 200-250% health would be enough to make the flamethrower a worth powerup. but even now it's good, because if you got the flag and want to run away, got less then 10% health, but the next medikit would be in your base, then the flamegod is a nice alternative to the medikit :)

No it was NOT over the top, it was just one kid with the flamer running around after the others while the others were shooting wildly at the kid with the flamer and running like hell!
If it would be selectable it would be like the second thing a noob chose,
1 minigun
2 flamer
get it?