( search forums )
800x600 res/view distance for soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
February 12, 2004, 4:31 am
Yes. Ok. It's been mentioned before.

"ooh ooh bigger resolution, it'd look so nice!"

Not about the graphics luv. Sit back, and imagine the incredible difference to gameplay...

For a start, your viewing distance would probably be akin to a barret at half-zoom. This in turn would insure skirmishes to begin from further distances, and less of the get-in-quick-and-cause-as-much-damage-as-possible-before-my-hyphen-key-breaks style play.

Little things, like holding positions, ,waiting to rush in groups, and using even the smallest bumps of land to your advantage would become more essential.

On the questionably bad side, the barret's zoom would probably go as far as half-way up ctf_run, making for great tactical knowledge and sniping.
Also, most/any elements of stealth and flanking would probably become demolished as the enemy would more likely foresee it, and give favour to fighting with numbers.

What do you think? the soldat we got now, or increased res and view?

Or just the res? keep the view the same...

And would it actually be possible for soldat to be shown in a higher resolution?

doffencom
February 12, 2004, 7:01 am
Good idea, tho I don't need to look further down the road since I spray like a madman anyhow.
btw, nice duck. Mind if I add it to my map pack? ^^

Chakra
February 12, 2004, 7:10 am
Go right ahead, ya beautiful schmuck. Drew him myself ^_^

palloco
February 12, 2004, 9:03 am
NO!
That would be a huge disadvantage for people who use weapons of low range

NightCabbage
February 12, 2004, 11:12 am
Sorry chakra, but it's not really possible to implement... Well it is, but it'd basically require a tad bit of a complete overhaul for Soldat :P

doffencom
February 12, 2004, 6:13 pm
Woah work to do for the M.M soldat 1.3.0! =O

Chakra
February 13, 2004, 2:39 am
Hmm, no go with higher res.

'k....bare with me here.

Whenever I run soldat in windows mode, I get a little 640x480 window slapped in the middle of my screen.

What if.....there was just 'more' of the window? Same size res, just a larger 'windowed mode' and thus more to see.

doffencom
February 13, 2004, 7:38 pm
oh yes! I can't even hit a wall when I play window mode! Its really horrid!