( search forums )
Nationality, Language..ality.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Roy
February 12, 2004, 11:53 pm
Man, people from all over the world play Soldat. They're from everywhere! That means that most Soldat players are probably bilingual or more... unlike me. I live in the USA and never bothered to learn a second language, even though I fully believe that being bilingual is a valuable skill. How's that for motivation?

So what about you guys? Where do you live, and what languages do you know? Whoever is fluent in the most tongues wins! ;)

fabmanx
February 13, 2004, 12:02 am
Eh, I was born in portugal, live in canada, I speak portuguese,english,spanish all fluently.

?
February 13, 2004, 12:03 am
usa here, im learning spanish in school, i may take french as an independant study next year, and when i am out of high school i am playing to learn german

BMF
February 13, 2004, 12:25 am
i am russian and i live in USA

TIR_Blade
February 13, 2004, 12:45 am
Polish and Yugoslavian, Live in Canada

Speak-Polish, Yugoslavian, French, English.

O i also speak, Anglais, American, Australlian, Franglais, British, o and francais :D

karmazonpl
February 13, 2004, 12:58 am
I'm Polish and I live in California
yeah most of Americans at my school, know only "Hola, Como estas" in Spanish (it is California after all)
and that would be it...

Hitman
February 13, 2004, 1:04 am
I was born in Switzerland and after being thrown out by my mother *Raises fist in direction of Switzerland*, I went to England and now live with my Dad. I speak English, German and Swiss German. JA!

Kevio
February 13, 2004, 1:30 am
Born in USA, Live in USA, Speak USA...err English, and thats about it...i know stuff like Quien es tu padre. But thats about it.

that fuking sniper
February 13, 2004, 1:40 am
Born in a [:-censored]hole, came to a bigger [:-censored]hole, still living there, and I speak Arabic, Hebrew, and English.

Hitman
February 13, 2004, 1:43 am
quote:yeah most of Americans at my school, know only "Hola, Como estas" in SpanishWhats that got to do with you being Polish!?!

karmazonpl
February 13, 2004, 1:59 am
well it's just funny, because most of people I know, are laughing at my accent and way of speaking, BUT of course they know only English, so they don't how hard it is to speak foreign language almost 24/7

and about my nationality - I don't know why but Americans hate Poles, and I'm sick and tired of being call "Polish pig", "dirty pole" and stuff like that all the time at my school

Lord Graviton
February 13, 2004, 2:06 am
I was born in India (and NO snake charming is only a myth and a con!)
I now live in USA, I speak Hindi(national launguage of India) and English, both fluent.

Slamex
February 13, 2004, 5:36 am
French Canadian[:-paperbag]
So I also speak english. With a bad accent.

RpBixler
February 13, 2004, 5:52 am
OMFG NERF SNAKE BITES

gi.joe
February 13, 2004, 6:12 am
born in New Zeland... speak fluent english japanese spanish and Hindi

FroG-BoY
February 13, 2004, 8:27 am
Aa, Oosutoraria-jin desu.
Ich wohne in Australien.
I am in Australia.

palloco
February 13, 2004, 8:54 am
Speak Spanish, galician, english, I can perfectly understand portuguese and more less talk it, understaand more less Italian, catalan, valencian, italian, latin and a bit of French and german.

Weed
February 13, 2004, 9:46 am
born in south america (not usa ! in Uruguay)
living in israel...
i can speak spanish, hebrew and english perfectly... and i used to know portugesse some time ago, i just forgot most of it, and i can understand italian...
wanting to learn: japanese, german and russian.
willing to pay for chinese food (yeah i know, out off topic)

Aquarius
February 13, 2004, 10:07 am
I am Polish, I live in Poland and I speak polish (wow this language is very hard to learn [;)]), english and french... un peu [;)]

kevith
February 13, 2004, 1:34 pm
Man, us USAers are so ethnocentric... I speak English and Spanish, and like Palloco and Weed kind of inferred, if you speak Spanish you can understand Portuguese and Italian pretty well too.

Roy
February 13, 2004, 3:28 pm
What the hell is Polish like anyways?

SERIAL KILLeR
February 13, 2004, 5:17 pm
Im Belgian and i speak dutch, French and german(still learning) (those are the 3 official languages in belgium) and i also Speak english.

Deleted User
February 13, 2004, 5:29 pm
[:(]

I'm english, in england, and I can speak english, and raw secondary school level french to a C grade...I suck. Poo. Although I did manage to converse with a server of french guys enough to ask them "Parles vous anglais?"

jerka
February 13, 2004, 6:30 pm
I talk english, swedish, a bit german and a bit french. Was born i sweden to.

karmazonpl
February 13, 2004, 6:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Roy
What the hell is Polish like anyways?

It's like: Twoja stara ma fiuta

n/a
February 13, 2004, 7:11 pm

Nat: Belgian (Flemish) / European.
Lang: Dutch only, obviously.

Electro_cyc
February 14, 2004, 2:48 am
I'm from Belarus and I speak Russian, English, some Belorussian and I've been taking French for 2 years and Spanish for 1.

ThaD
February 14, 2004, 8:49 am
quote:Originally posted by TIR_Blade

Speak-Polish, Yugoslavian, French, English.

respect

Souza
February 17, 2004, 10:41 pm
i am Portuguese, i speak english quite well (graded B in FCE exam for cambridge in British Council :D and im taking CAE next year hopefully, i've been studying english for 10 years O.o). i also speak spanish and a bit of french. i qould love to learn polish and croatian, as well as japanese.. i only know Arigato....

Aquarius
February 17, 2004, 10:50 pm
I may learn you polish if u want... I will make a topic in the longue with some exercices ;)

Dark_Noddy
February 18, 2004, 4:37 pm
Meh is born in Norway, and still lives here ^^

I speak Norwegian and English. I B learning German. Sweedish, Danish and norwegian are so close that I should be able to understand and speak both So those also ^^