( search forums )
Fixes and changes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Dalik
February 13, 2004, 6:38 am
There are a few big things that really get to me in this game, here they are with with ideas on what to change them too.

a) Sniper gun - This is way to powerful and way to easy and forgiving, this gun makes the game unbalanced. Most games I join at least 1/2 of the people are using sniper rifle, why? Because its an easy gun to use, 1 shot kills, extream long range.

What I think should be changed to balance the gun out compared to the others is this.

Standing position(Not moving): 30% dmg chest shot, 60% leg shot
Running: very poor aim, not worth shooting at all kinda aim, 40% dmg a body shot, 70% leg shot
Prone: instant kill
Flying: extreamly poor aim and or very weak dmg, or not able to shot at all.

Why do I think it should be this way, because a sniper should be a stealth unit, one that hides, not one that is in the front lines killing people left and right. This should make the people that wont to play a sniper play with the risks of playing a sniper.

?
February 13, 2004, 6:46 pm
well i think this qualifies for one of the favorite taunts i have made, I'll call teh Whaaaaambulance!

doffencom
February 13, 2004, 7:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dalik

a) Sniper gun
Standing position(Not moving): 30% dmg chest shot, 60% leg shot
Running: very poor aim, not worth shooting at all kinda aim, 40% dmg a body shot, 70% leg shot
Prone: instant kill
Flying: extreamly poor aim and or very weak dmg, or not able to shot at all.

How can moving limit the damge? And we like to call sniper gun, barret. I like to call it [:-censored] tho. I support your suggestions for aim. And when you say 1/2 use barret I will notify what the rest use.
On a map like laos : 4/8 barret 3/8 m79 1/8 misc guns =P

Hova
February 13, 2004, 7:52 pm
.50 caliber bullets = instant kill unless you hit someones toes or something. We don't have toes in Soldat :P

MisterX
February 13, 2004, 8:24 pm
the exchange it with another gun.
and well, different dmg while running and lying, thats really not realistic. but soldat isn't realistic overall, so i like the idea.

Dalik
February 13, 2004, 8:44 pm
"How can moving limit the damge?"

It doesnt in real life but to balance the game out, the gun should be used like a real "berret" prone, kneel, standing, each position should give you a different percent of aim. But another way to limit the gun is to give a dmg ratio. In a sense overall its a 2 shot gun, with a faster response time in shooting another round.

So no more of those cross map kills, are flying.

"And when you say 1/2 use barret I will notify what the rest use.
On a map like laos : 4/8 barret 3/8 m79 1/8 misc guns"

I ment most of the time at "least" 1/2 use berret most cases its more then that. The other guns like the m79 are balanced, but they can have improvments. For example:

m79 has a small range, no ammo on respawn, and slow reload. So if you miss or your going up against 2 guys then you will die most likely, you "might" kill one guy, both if your lucky and or they both suck. Most of the times you need a direct hit in order to kill anyone, and splash dmg seems a bit weak for what it is. But I am happy for the most part with the m79, I would like the gun to come with ammo on respawn since this is the "only" gun that doesnt come with ammo.

the auto's are good overall, dmg / rounds/sec are good and seem real. Good range and nice reload times.

the desert eagle is a really nice hand gun, 2 shots and your dead. nice shots/sec and nice reload time.

But what I am getting to is the berret doesnt have many cons compared to the pros..
if the gun is going to have a cross map range, then the curve of the bullet should be much greater so its not as much of a straight shot. at least at close range.

Also with the dmg I ment is at the berret should take down the health of the target down to 30% for a chest shot, and down to 60% for a leg shot.

and finally
" .50 caliber bullets = instant kill unless you hit someones toes or something. We don't have toes in Soldat :P"

Any bullet in this game can kill anyone with 1 shot in real life. The berret should be powerful, but if the gun is going to be instant kill then it should he hard to use, as of now its very easy. This is what I am trying to do, give the berret more cons to "balance" the gun, and make the game more fun for everyone.

When I get killed by a sniper I dont have any respect for them unless they are "sniping" you know hiding in the bush. But I give a lot of respect if I am killed by someone with a m79 why? Because the gun is much harder to use.

Koraktor
February 13, 2004, 10:55 pm
variable damage is strange...
the accuracy should change, only prone you get a perfect shot, when ducked your shoot is a bit inaccuret, and standing/running/flying it should be extremely inaccuret (recoil?)

it's like the awp in cs. half of the people hates it, the other half uses it. and the awp had been powered down a lot since the early version of cs.

Hova
February 13, 2004, 10:59 pm
The thing is, the barret is a one hit kill weapon; I don't know if that will change. The issue is the accuracy.