( search forums )
Update and Opinions about Soldat's Lobby Server
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
DNA.styx
December 3, 2002, 1:34 am
Just been talking to TRSSam, the Lobby Administrator for Soldat's lobby server (LS), via email about the recent downtime and the lobby server in general. Here was part of his reply which he asked me to post here:

(start)
The lobby isn't finished yet, and from time to time it's crash down or just server administrator reboot's machine without informing me.
Unfortunately i have only limited MODEM connection to internet, which in Poland is very expensivie (about $1 per hour of using MODEM (!) connection).
I spent lot of time on the internet so bills are very high.
To decrase them my parents set monthly limit. When my limit is reached (which is usually at the end of the month) I can't connect to internet and restart lobby if it's down. I don't get any money for my lobby.
Probably Michal will use All Seeing Eye in Next version so lobby wouldn't be needed in next version.

LS has got e-mails
(end)

I also see that TRSSam's added an register your own maps and a break down of the [url="http://62.233.202.165:31313/maps.html">Most popular maps & game styles. So go ahead and post suggestions for the LS.

Psyl3ntShad0w
December 3, 2002, 10:59 pm
oh i c, so ase is almost certian to be used in next vers?

DeMo
December 8, 2002, 2:01 am
That's good news..
The Lobby Server is very good.. but since I use ASE to find CS and DoD games.. it would be great if it could list Soldat games as well.

Yes, ASE already has Soldat in it's list of supported games.
Soldat also appears in the menus but currently the program lists no game servers.

fatG
December 8, 2002, 10:58 pm
ASE charges $10 a year. Not much, but on the other hand - lobby server is free. And since soldat is a freeware game, I doubt we'll have (or want) to pay to find games, right?

alexicon
December 10, 2002, 1:42 pm
yo DNA are you dutch? iam

Shadowfax
December 13, 2002, 2:03 am
i reckon the lobby server's good enough.. none of this ase stuff :P

SuperKill
December 13, 2002, 12:00 pm
what ?! charge 10$ a year ?! THE HELL WITH THAT !!
i know thats not really a big price, but why the heck pay for playing online..
fatG is right, this is a freeware game, and it should stay free.[:(!]

DNA.styx
December 13, 2002, 2:18 pm
What ifit was an optional feature. I've bought ASE (top wee program) after running it for 6 months. It would be handy to have soldat in there as it gives better ping results and also does ripe look-ups so you know which country the servers are in.

Because not everyone would want to buy ASE it would be best to keep the Lobby server online as well.

ChillKill
December 15, 2002, 10:12 pm
You don't have to buy ASE to use it. Sometimes the prog asks if you want to register but you don't have to. I use it for quite a long time and I don't have any problems.

david150
August 29, 2004, 3:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by fatG
And since soldat is a freeware game...

Soldat is Shareware!

Hitman
August 29, 2004, 3:10 pm
Now this, has got to be a new record..

frogboy
August 29, 2004, 3:13 pm
Indeed.

Subslider