( search forums )
NEW GAMETYPE CREATED!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Rambo_6
February 14, 2004, 6:24 pm
You'd better believe it! I just created one of the most addictive gametypes on a cool map! It's called Invasion, and i'll explain how the game works.

You start off in your base with the enemy's flag, and vice versa. You have to take the flag in your base to the enemy's base, and touch it to your flag (the one colored the same as your team). This requires the enemy carrying the flag to be dead, and the flag returned in order to score. Pretty cool, but the waypoints definitely are a no-go. The bots don't do anything right.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] overv.JPG26.34 KB

MAP

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctfinv.zip16.02 KB

Roy
February 14, 2004, 6:36 pm
I've had this idea also, but the map I made to test it out didn't work out so well. I think this might actually work best on a DM type map instead of a CTF type map.

Alamo
February 14, 2004, 6:51 pm
Looks pretty cool! *d/l*
I wanna play it!

Deleted User
February 14, 2004, 10:38 pm
To be fair I thought of using this in a trench warfare style map ages ago but I couldn't be bothered.

T.J.FoRd
February 14, 2004, 11:35 pm
theres an inf map like this kind of, forgot what its called

palloco
February 15, 2004, 12:08 am
I would like to see this map in dnagames

sande24
February 15, 2004, 7:39 am
i see like its a ctf but u spawn in enemys base...
i like that gametype tho

GluLm
February 15, 2004, 11:05 pm
Yeah!
This map is really great! Nice colors and you cleverly used the scenery-gfx!
Also, your system is quite interesting (even though some of us already tried to make such game type before) but it will never work: bots' waypoints in Soldat aren't made to support such game type... when the bot of path2 gets the flag, it automatically looks for the other path, and then, it will never do what you want him to do. That's obvious, isn't it?
As for a DM mode, it won't be interesting at all, neither will INF be: the two parts are too alike. But a normal CTF should do it.
IT's still a pretty good map, well done! Good job!

Bluebull
February 16, 2004, 5:40 pm
Really funny about soldat maps is that they are smaller files than their screenshot.
I wonder how did game creator managed to program maps to include all polygons, waypoints and stuff into little file as 16kb

Nice map :)

Rambo_6
February 19, 2004, 12:23 am
Wow, palloco, you really think you wanna see this in dnagames? :D

I have a normal ctf version if anybody feels they want it. Of course, it needs waypoint fixing.

GluLm
February 20, 2004, 5:10 pm
Yes, please post your normal CTF version :)