( search forums )
inf_deepcave (current 1.00)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
February 15, 2004, 6:04 pm
Me again, let me show you my first completed Infiltration map.

inf_deepcave
------------

Download: http://www.marketzone.de/files/inf_deepcave.PMS
Screenshot: http://www.marketzone.de/files/inf_deepcave.jpg

ENGLISH: Get down the hill, and enter the cave, which is defended by the enemy. Help your team fight the way till the mission objective deep inside the rocky tunnels. Steal the objective and return it to your base up the hills, before you're hit by the stationary gun or an enemy warrior. Run quick, aim good and be victorious on inf_deepcave!

GERMAN: Stürme den Hügel hinunter und betrete die Höhle, die vom Gegner erbittert verteidigt wird. Hilf deinem Team, sich bis zum Objektiv durchzukämpfen, dass sich tief im inneren der felsigen Tunnels befindet. Hol dir das Objektiv und bringe es zurück in deine Basis auf den Anhöhen, bevor dich das stationäre MG oder ein gegnerischer Kämpfer erwischt. Laufe schnell, ziele gut, und sei siegreich auf inf_deepcave!

karmazonpl
February 15, 2004, 6:12 pm
very good map, but I think the path leading to the defender's base should be going upward direction

grand_diablo
February 15, 2004, 6:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonpl
very good map, but I think the path leading to the defender's base should be going upward direction

I thought about that issue before creating the map, but i think the cave gives the defenders a good defending position. And why shouldn't it work the other way, would be boring if you had to climb up somewhere every time you're attacker (its actually the same with up/down on inf_warehouse) ;)

peemonkey
February 15, 2004, 7:35 pm
It's alright, but why dont your polys go further? being able to see through the walls is kinda weak.

Hercule Poirot
February 15, 2004, 7:57 pm
too spikey for me :/

Aquarius
February 15, 2004, 8:03 pm
Funny triangles, I like it! And the layout is nice, but maybe it is to hard for attackers.

Herc, I know you like maps made from at least 2000 polygons [:D] but not every map has to be SUPER SMOOTH.

grand_diablo
February 21, 2004, 12:07 am
Bot waypoints are set (despite INF with bots is somewhat stupid, bots may be an average defense, but theyre totally lame in attack, even if u placed 300 points perfectly).

New Version number is 1.00, its the first final release, of course this doesnt mean i wont edit it anymore, just post your critics and i will enhance the map ass good as i can (Herc, its not supersmooth, but it is quite detailed, you dont have to run on the spikey areas, everywhere you have to run, is quite smoothened, so give it a try :) )