( search forums )
Honorable harakari my ass
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Electro_cyc
February 15, 2004, 6:14 pm
Some people are taking advantage of the new feature, when you press the "/" key twise it writes the last command for you.

I've been chasing some guy for about 30 seconds and we've been fighting back and forth and getting med kits and then right before I'm about to kill him the [:-censored]er commits suicide! Then seeing how well it worked he does it again, and again, and again. Then I went into another game and half of the people there were doing it. I would have been on the top two or three times in DM today if it wasn't for those damn suicidal newbies. [:(!]

Deleted User
February 15, 2004, 9:39 pm
That, I have to say, it teh ghey. Although, I occasionally use suicide for tactical purposes in CTF. Say, if nobody is defending base and someone got past me on the way there, I might /kill and defend from them =/

peemonkey
February 15, 2004, 9:48 pm
i only /kill if i got 0 helth, a 1-hit-kill weapon, and the flag. That way I come back with an AK to befrend my m79, full health, and I pick the flag back up. Not even then sometimes...only if im impatient

kevith
February 15, 2004, 11:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stalky
I occasionally use suicide for tactical purposes in CTF. Say, if nobody is defending base and someone got past me on the way there, I might /kill and defend from them =/
That had never even occurred to me before. *adds a new trick to his playbook* This is like that moment when it first occurred to me that I could toss my secondary and pick up another primary off the ground.

Captain RibMan
February 16, 2004, 3:02 am
it does get annoing sometimes but some people are slow and you get them first

Electro_cyc
February 16, 2004, 3:45 am
Yes, with an automatic you can get them most of the time but with something slower like an m79 or Spas it's a bit harder.

cat92
February 16, 2004, 5:01 am
Oooh, thansk for the tip!

Sekushi
February 16, 2004, 5:17 am
Only time I use /kill is when I need health and there's none around, I don't let enemies get past me. :|

kevith
February 16, 2004, 2:50 pm
^^ Yeah I'll sometimes do it if I have the flag and low health with no medikits around... I'll also use the opportunity to get a second primary (can't just let that go to waste).

MisterX
February 16, 2004, 3:30 pm
I never do it, don't like it.. If a soldier gets hurt and theres no medikit around it's his problem, then he has to try to survive. "/kill"ing yourself..erm, yes, as i said, i don't like it. and there's a reason why it isn't allowed in ESL matches.

Deleted User
February 17, 2004, 12:21 pm
Lol, I think I've created a whole new level of CTF tactics =D

2k34o
February 17, 2004, 8:42 pm
I use kill when im stuck in polygons. which for some reason happens quite alot of times for me...
( I realy mean stuck IN the polygons )

AerialAssault
February 17, 2004, 8:52 pm
it jsut adds to their death count, its stupid

dadarkman
March 12, 2004, 1:20 pm
/kill does really sux...
my stats will be f*cked up when i use those things[xx(]

Deleted User
March 21, 2004, 6:58 am
i only do it if i end up getting the wrong weapon

Aquarius
March 21, 2004, 8:41 am
I do /kill when:

- I am stuck in a polybug
- I have a flag and I am low on health but safe in the base and no medkits (usually on B2B or Laos)
- I have wrong weapon and no enemies around

I never suicide when I fight with someone

Ho Chi Minh
March 23, 2004, 6:09 pm
no metter how injured you are, you still have the oportunity to harm the enemy, sometimes you dont even die...

?
March 23, 2004, 9:15 pm
i only do it when i need to or if i am dueling Hitman and feel like getting on his nerves

Perky
March 26, 2004, 11:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Ho Chi Minh
no metter how injured you are, you still have the oportunity to harm the enemy, sometimes you dont even die...

Yes, that's true. Once I managed to kill three players with 0 health (no red bar at all). Now that was cool! :D

DizzyTea
March 26, 2004, 8:34 pm
if ur a /kill , camping , barret , health camper user u are the biggest slut in soldat[:-devil]

BManx2000
March 30, 2004, 9:16 pm
Maybe the /kill command should be removed, and /mercy made to take a bit longer. Then it would be all good.

?
March 31, 2004, 12:50 am
No the /kill command comes in handy alot, there should just be a limit to how many times you can use it in one match.

societies_punishment
March 31, 2004, 7:36 am
If it's DM RM TM or PM then simply just take your kill count and subtract it from the score and bingo the person with the highest score remaining wins so if they have like a score of

Say you got a score board like this

player 1 kills(20) deaths(100) (this guy is useing /kill)
player 2 kills(16) deaths(9)

So after the match take the deaths and subtract them you get something like this.

player 1 20 - 100= -80 (this guy lost because of all the extra kills)
player 2 16 - 9= 7

then odviously the person with more kills loses because he was the one that kept useing /kill

Thought that one up all by myself what do you think.

Should be in all the leagues but the INF and CTF leagues. I could see it as a strategic thing besides the goal is to capture the flags not acheive the highest score but w/e

Man that should be a rule me thinks!

2k34o
March 31, 2004, 8:58 pm
the best thing is to make like a two secpnd wait period before you actually die and somehow make it possible for others to kill you and get the kill during that period

eesahe
March 31, 2004, 9:29 pm
Lol, if it would be like that, a guy with stats 1:1 would win a guy with stats 30:31.