( search forums )
Window mode stops player roll
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
IDF-RIPsta
February 16, 2004, 6:53 pm
(Strange thing, I didn't try it on other interfaces yet.
It basically doesn't let you do a forward roll or prone...

Oh and once again, Barret kills the game, especially after it was changed to a zone effect weapon...)

Above is the previous post, thanks for replying but I found out that it isn't interface related. It can only happen to players who play in the window mode and have another program running that might pop-up and interfere with the running soldat game.

For instance, if you have ICQ running in the background and someone sends you a message, the message pops up and switches automatically. Once you return to your game you can't roll or prone anymore and your soldat has to be closed and restarted for it to work again.

And yes, the Barret is a bug in the game, it bugs the hell out of me to see all Barret players thinking it's fun to play with it because it's easy. I agree with other people, maybe it should be given the name 'railgun', I think that would be more appropriate.

So what's up with the Bunny ears I suggested? If the Barret can't be fixed maybe Michal should invest more effort in making my player look more amusing while I get shot, fall to the floor and suffer the "Lol"s of the Barret user thinking it was funny. I also want a cape for a smooth landing on the floor...