( search forums )
WHAT WEAPON SHOULD I USE FFS!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
m00`
February 18, 2004, 8:34 am
Okey I need to know what weapon I should use, here is the list of weapons and the reasons why I dotn wanna use them as Primary, and I cant use USSOCOM as primary anymore coz im in a clan now...

Anyhow List and Reasons! :

Desert Eagles - A lot of people use this weapon, and it makes me not feel special :/

MP5 - This weapon used to require skill back in 1.1.5 "Stares at Michal" but now in 1.2 its a n00bs #1 Choice..

AK-74 - This weapon bores me out...

Steyr Aug - Looks like crap while my soldat holds it..

Spas-12 - I really wish I could use this, but I feel very un-comfy with this weapon, I always feel dis-advantaged against logn range weapons..

Ruger - It looks like a wooden stick when being held by m ysoldat and I just plain hate it :/

M79 - I enjoyed this weapon for a while in 1.2 until everyone started using it, which made me feel like "another person"

Barret - Sorry but this weapon is gay, and its too easy and lame to use and shouldnt be in the game..

Minimi - Errr hate it even though it owns

Minigun - Well you know.. ;D

Please dont start another barret argument coz of my barret opinion.. now what weapon should i use? :/

Icarius
February 18, 2004, 8:41 am
Spas, its a gift to learn it, and its damn good in DM and CTF.. sure the close range is a problem, but still.

Honestly, I dont see why you cant use everything though.

n00bface
February 18, 2004, 8:41 am
you just turned it into one.. i wish people could stop whining about barret, even tho it IS overpowered...

m00`
February 18, 2004, 8:43 am
lol llama u always whine about barret on ur server :P

btw ignore my barret opinion if u dont want to start this into a barret thread

FroG-BoY
February 18, 2004, 8:43 am
Ruger owns, just mod the graphic if you don't like it.

Silent-Thunder
February 18, 2004, 9:11 am
Don't worry eyic, personally the spas does seem wierd when you use it but trust me it's great when you master it. Think about it:
1. the spas is a close range weapon, but it packs a massive punch when used right, 2 shots to the soldat can kill.
2. it spreads so even if you miss by a bit you will be assured that at least some of your shot hits the enemy.
3. this is the only weapon that allows you to reload 1 bullet at a time instead of the whole clip, you wouldn't believe how many times a guy gets killed waiting for his gun to reload.

p.s. has the spas reload bug been fixed yet?

palloco
February 18, 2004, 9:14 am
Use soccom/knife/chiansaw

Captain RibMan
February 18, 2004, 9:15 am
if your good to the spas it will return you the favour 10 fold, i said 10 fold

Element_101
February 18, 2004, 9:58 am
Ok ive used the spas scence I started playing soldat all the way back at the start of last and yeah its a good gun if used properly

wert21
February 18, 2004, 11:30 am
m00, m79 is funny...but too much people use it...i don't know, in the last time i'm rotating ak,m79,mp5 and sometime barret. i would be better using only ak, but sometimes it get me bored. the conclusion is: feel free to feel "another person". [;)]

SuperKill
February 18, 2004, 11:32 am
most effective weapons in ctf - m79, ruger, barret. altho i'm sure you cant hit a 6 cm target with the barret even if your life depended on it.

wert21
February 18, 2004, 11:35 am
sorry for the double posting. but:
spas is good only in some map, with a lot of players.for example: a 3v3 in ctf_run...spas is the worst weapon.
it could be good in ctf_death...yes.btw i prefer automatics.

Aquarius
February 18, 2004, 11:41 am
Spas is good in realistic. And barret sucks in realistic.

Da cHeeSeMaN
February 18, 2004, 12:22 pm
get a mod that makes the ruger and aug look good and use them.....

kevith
February 18, 2004, 2:23 pm
Ruger... but then I will feel less special if even more people start using it [:(] Why do you care about looks so much anyway? Are you so vain? ;)

n/a
February 18, 2004, 2:44 pm
Use barret, it makes you feel special. And happy!

Deleted User
February 18, 2004, 2:49 pm
Use Spas or Minigun.

Aquarius
February 18, 2004, 2:57 pm
use minimi, noone use it! [:D]

wert21
February 18, 2004, 3:59 pm
WEAPONLESS!! you will be very original! [:D]

Icarius
February 18, 2004, 4:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2
Use Spas or Minigun.

Keep the thing Aimed down, and no one will mind :D

Seriously does my head in when people do insist on doing the bullet rain though.....

Slamex
February 18, 2004, 4:35 pm
God you are picky! Whats wrong with you? If you dont like any of the weapons then why do you even bother to play soldat?!
Besides I dont think that "it doesnt look good" or "it doesnt makes me special" are good reasons to overlook a weapon.

[courtesy EDIT (instead of new post)]
I agree with F842. Embrace all of the weapons! Being versatile is more challenging and yields to better games IMO.

peemonkey
February 18, 2004, 5:46 pm
Soccom!(M79 as secondary)

Roy
February 18, 2004, 7:02 pm
If you care so much about standing out, then use the Minigun. Honestly, I have absolutely no idea why people hate the minigun. I think it's a very fun weapon to use. You can do all kinds of things with it... like levitate... and move faster... and of course kill people. And it's not like it's overpowered; hell, I die to USSOCOMs more than miniguns. People call it a noob weapon for some reason... why? Because it sprays all over? So what, the spray is a feature of the gun; that makes it often HARDER to kill with. Especially since you get pushed back a lot if you're trying to stay in one place.

F842
February 18, 2004, 7:11 pm
how about you dont have to use just one weapon... yes, that would work, given that you have more than one number button abouve ur keyboard. that way, when u die, instead of being BORED LIKE A STUPID FOOL you can just tap a different number, and use ANOTHER GUN. This variation will make u a versatile and useful tool to your friends.

Sekushi
February 18, 2004, 7:17 pm
Sorry to tell you, m00, but the mp5 is not the n00b WOC. I've been killed a total of 80 times out of 1796 times.

SuperKill
February 18, 2004, 9:11 pm
IMO m00\eyic is just one of those people that if you kill them you get called a noob, only he knows about the forums.
thats about it

BMF
February 18, 2004, 9:59 pm
How nice. Another pointless weapons thread.

Eyic stop spamming ffs. Ok? You whored 1400 posts with your last account.

Element_101
February 19, 2004, 2:19 am
BMF wtf your post count used to higher didnt it what happened?

BMF
February 19, 2004, 3:48 am
Element, i would tell you what happened, but i can't since this is the General Discussions

But let me give you a hint - it involves your mom

m00`
February 19, 2004, 5:31 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF
How nice. Another pointless weapons thread.

Eyic stop spamming ffs. Ok? You whored 1400 posts with your last account.

gees dude im actually trying not to post much so I dont get called a spammer, im just wondering, peopels opinions because Ihonestly dont know what weapon to use, they all have their bads :(

sheesh :/

oh and sekushi, the mp5 is the the #1 chocie for noobs at most times... it actually required skill in 1.1.5 until michal made it to a spray n00b fest weapon in 1.2 :/

Captain RibMan
February 19, 2004, 5:40 am
spas = good
anything else = not good

Hova
February 19, 2004, 6:41 am
Not everyone uses the deagles, do they :P. I always thought people said it was the barret :D

Personally, I like the deagles, although I am quite average with them.

Captain RibMan
February 19, 2004, 7:06 am
quite average? is that good or bad

n00bface
February 19, 2004, 7:48 am
it's neutral..

that fuking sniper
February 19, 2004, 8:06 am
How about using them all? If not, my advice would be SOCOM, its simply the best gun out there...

m00`
February 19, 2004, 8:12 am
I used to always use socom as primary, until I joined 1Way, coz now I gotta pick a primary gun I can get real good at for wars :/

Chakra
February 19, 2004, 8:26 am
go for AK baby. I'm seeing more augs and mp5s lately, so if you wanna look semi-unique and still want to be a reliable killer, this is your gun.

HOBBES
February 19, 2004, 9:15 am
Yeah! Use AK. But if u hate all the guns so much, stop playing.

Electro_cyc
February 19, 2004, 5:29 pm
Use the shotgun. Not that many people use it so you don't have to worry about being "another person". And it's really powerfull, just get really close to people and the shoot them. Or use the Aug. I don't think it looks that bad.

Dathker
February 19, 2004, 11:16 pm
M00` LISTEN TO TEH FROGGY/DATHKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUGER PWNS ALL WEPS!!!!!

and if it looks like a stick, stick it up your ass :-P

arC
February 20, 2004, 12:41 am
I'd have to say go for the AK-74 pYso, not many people use it at all now because of the 'fast-firing' autos, such as the mp5. But the AK still is the best long range auto, because of how one single bullet packs a big punch. In a close range battle, you can always switch to socom ;)

goose
February 20, 2004, 1:35 am
OMG USE THE KNIFE!!
And the Aug/AK.
Aug/Ak is my lady, and if you start bad mouthing my woman... Lets just say i'll call you "stupid" or something... AND IT'LL EAT YOU UP INSIDE!!

au revoir!

BMF
February 20, 2004, 1:41 am
i use all weapons. I pwn with everything except minigun and knife

goose
February 20, 2004, 3:16 am
Minigun never wants to obey my commands to kill for some apparent reason... Knife rocks though...

m00`
February 20, 2004, 4:32 am
im sticking to spas, until i find that I am not as good with it as other weps :/

Fantis
February 20, 2004, 9:59 am
Use all weapons all got bads and goods side so use all

Yin_Starrunner
February 20, 2004, 7:02 pm
use steyr! it r0xx0rs the b0xx0rs! Its fun to kill a person with a one-shot kill weapon w/ the aug! then you can be all like, "My aug pwned your ass!"

Drama
February 20, 2004, 8:04 pm
Look the manual, Minimi is some better than ak, still most use rather ak than minimi. well ak has it's own magic...

And btw m00 i made aug look like m4 (of course like same size that you can play online) and changed the sound, makes it damn fun wpn. Aug requires some skill, that you wont do just random spraying, u like get the right place to aim and...... (damn i dun tell you xP)

Yin_Starrunner
February 20, 2004, 8:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Drama
Aug requires some skill, that you wont do just random spraying, u like get the right place to aim and...... (damn i dun tell you xP)

Who says? most of the time that is the case, but whenever I go over an nme base i alwasy spray fire randomly (its so fun). It remiinds me of the minigun.

Drama
February 20, 2004, 8:53 pm
then you must suck. no fence

February 20, 2004, 9:55 pm
Use. The. Knife.
For secondary weapon, use spas or another knife. Just make sure that you can jump around anything that comes at you and go in for stabby action, or throw it at the face if you have another spare.
Or, just use the barret and hate yourself for the rest of forever. Machine guns are all poo imo.

Yin_Starrunner
February 20, 2004, 10:57 pm
Drama, what i meant is when you are ABOVE the nme base, and you can't see ppl below, you just spray. i fi can c da ppl below i am for one of em and fill em full of lead!

Drama
February 21, 2004, 12:39 am
well, spraying with barret produce's much more result than with aug...

Souza
February 21, 2004, 8:43 pm
i personally use barret/m79/ruger .. i dislike autos.. dunno why.. but u could do as u did.. socom primary and (instead of mp5) ak for secondary.

Captain_Jimbo
February 22, 2004, 2:00 am

How dare you, Aquarius; Minimi has been my signature weapon since day one XD

We---lll, It'd be nice if you stayed away from all things that used one bullet. I think today was the defining factor for me when CTF_Death was TOTALLY full of snipers and M79s; and I'm talking maxed out, I couldn't believe it. A disgrace to that map!!!!

Anyways, ruger is a really good weapon and like other people have said, the Spas is a damn good weapon if you can get it down. Be good to it and it will be good to you.

Drama
February 22, 2004, 11:14 am
You can also "travel" with spas, its handy in voland if you go from the top

Sekushi
February 22, 2004, 8:00 pm
Spas is also good for prolonging your air time, and allowing more time for thrusting.

Element_101
February 23, 2004, 10:22 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF
Element, i would tell you what happened, but i can't since this is the General Discussions

But let me give you a hint - it involves your mom

Sigh.. BMF is defended you in a post thats on the first page on this very message board (General Discustions)

Ok I have no choice... there your on my to kill list if I ever go crazy watch your back [:-devil] [:-devil] [:-devil]

Sekushi
February 23, 2004, 11:35 pm
I had a kill list. But I somehow lost it in the terrible time of toilet paper shortage.

Shyo
February 25, 2004, 12:49 am
USSOCOM

this weapon ownes....don't look at me like that!

Drama
February 25, 2004, 2:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`
I cant use USSOCOM as primary anymore coz im in a clan now...

-_- please read the topics before post, this aint another gin thread, this is thread about wich gun m00 should use...

Sekushi
February 25, 2004, 9:59 pm

-_- please read the topics before post, this aint another gin thread, this is thread about wich gun m00 should use...

Are you retarted? m00's the one who said that. n00b

Niff
February 27, 2004, 9:46 am
I use the M79 if I'm playing with friends, they find it a challenge, but I use the SPAS12 any other time. I mean.. normal mode, 2 shots to kill. Realistic, one shot even if two shots only scrape the soldat. It rules. Secondary is ALWAYS the chainsaw. Just pwns so much ^_^

Drama
February 27, 2004, 12:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Shyo
USSOCOM

this weapon ownes....don't look at me like that!

Are you reading the topics ??

n/a
February 27, 2004, 5:57 pm
lol drama, are you?

Hitman
February 27, 2004, 6:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sekushi

Are you retarted? m00's the one who said that. n00b
Rofl! What an idiot!

Sithak
February 28, 2004, 3:44 am
use any god damn wep

DrocK
March 12, 2004, 2:22 am
I use Steyr AUG & hk mp5 when its a lot of ppl, and m79 when i'm alone, desert eagles and ruger when i'm bored.. i think they are pretty good weapons but i recomend ruger, or a machine gun ex, mp5 is pretty good but now everybody is starting to use it [xx(]
well its your choice anyway i just gave my opinion
l8erz

n00bface
March 12, 2004, 3:20 am
why did you revive this dead post.. not only that, but m00` quit soldat..