( search forums )
First Map: Inf_HostageRescue (Beta? No Bots)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
goose
February 18, 2004, 6:44 pm
Meh, my first map. I has no bots, so I took it that would classify it as not done so trying follow forum rules I'll call it a Beta for now. It's infiltration but goal is to bring the Hostage (Bravo's flag) to the extraction (Alpha's Flag). It's an internal setting (not wide open), and alpha does not start near their flag. I suppose you need an imagination :P

Overview:
[IMAGE]
It's JPEG, i had to sharpen to make some blurriness go away but screen may still be distorted :/

Map:[URL]

Open to all suggestions!

N1nj@
February 18, 2004, 10:33 pm
wow, very unqiue, kinda dark too. good jb.

February 18, 2004, 10:49 pm
Wow, looks great, but by the looks of things, bravo team would have a very easy time defending the "hostage" due to the narrow corridors and good defensive positions.

goose
February 18, 2004, 11:19 pm
Thanks you guys [:D], and yeah when I was placing the spawn points I noticed that it was tough to find positions to place bravo in that would make it fair... I tried placing some extra powerups that would give alpha a fighting chance on their way to the upper corner.. And there's also more than one way to get to the flag if alpha can find it :P I will keep that in mind when I place waypoints, maybe a polygon here and there may be moved.

Da cHeeSeMaN
February 19, 2004, 9:22 am
looks good... i wonder if u can make a mod that makes the inf flag look like a hostage?

paradox
February 19, 2004, 6:47 pm
Really love the idea