( search forums )
Fortified_Fortress
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
peemonkey
February 19, 2004, 6:42 am
[pink]Same map for all GameModes. Inf is King of the Hill(KH). Blue has to stop red from getting to the top.

Ctf requires more teamwork than other maps

Rambomatch also requires teamwork, as the Rambo stays inside a giant collider on top of the map, and can shoot from cover.

Deathematch/Teammatch/Pointmatch are all free-for all(s) on the sides of the Pyramid.

The Pyramid is covered with places for the defence to shoot from cover at, so offense needs skill, teamwork and determination.

Collage(spelling?)=[IMAGE]

you cant really tell how good it is from the pics, youll have to download it here:http://melankolia.sytes.net/moo/upload.php?act=view&file=Rm9ydGlmaWVkX0ZvcnRyZXNzLnppcA==[:-moptop]
good ol m00`

Hercule Poirot
February 19, 2004, 7:58 am
pretty good map maybe fortress could be little bigger umm bots waypoint is ok they stay jumping in few places but anyway good map

goose
February 19, 2004, 8:03 am
I just downloaded the map and did a few runs on it and found a few problems... The map design in itself seems to be made for big games -- but I like it, good defensive/offense positions...

On the infiltration version, i'd recommend fixing your stationary guns, the one on the right side was all discombobulated (sp?), and both left and right seem to be on "bouncy" polygons, meaning they shoot slow.

I don't know if it was intended, but (just in case) on the infiltration, if red gets to the top and makes contact with the flag, once in a blue moon i may just get one point like before.. but after that, if i touch bravo's flag again i get get a barrage of points and it goes nuts and I win... If that was your intent, then good job, works great [:D]

CTF is good, I think everything was placed fine, and sides are equally balanced..

As a final suggestion I would recommend making the tip of the fortress more brutal. Maybe a few raised platforms, with good barricades, the best powerups, stationary guns, etc... This would make a goal to get at in Team/Deathmatches... This would add an unofficial objective, and people trying to keep the best position would allow for more constant action, and with a good station at the tip, it really allows the rest of the people to use the well placed defensive positions you have [^]

Overall thought, I say good job! Any suggestions/bugs were minor and fixed easily with a polygon.

peemonkey
February 19, 2004, 8:23 am
uhh...startionary guns? there like, are none dude.
on the INF version, it's been turned into King of the Hill: TeamMatch. BLue has to stop red at all costs from getting to the flags. So it's best to make the time around 15min, and the points around 10,000. that way it's a supposed standoff.

HP: dude, waypointing that thing was hard, cause theyre constantly trying to go against all those ridges. I was a lil high when i did em, and i rushed cause i was working on a few other maps at the same time. Thanks for the input! ill make a better version next week

goose
February 19, 2004, 6:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
uhh...startionary guns? there like, are none dude.

I found two... And both shot slowly. Maybe it was just me but I'm pretty sure I was on two guns that fired slowly.

peemonkey
February 19, 2004, 9:05 pm
...take a screeny, cause there'r two scenerys that look a bit like guns.

goose
February 20, 2004, 1:10 am
Taken on Inf_Fortied_Fortress...

The gun on the right, this fires slowly and is all messed up:
[IMAGE]

The one on the left fires slowly but looks fine:
[IMAGE]

Those are the stationaries i speak of!!

peemonkey
February 20, 2004, 2:07 am
oops! i'd lost the file, so had to get it back from someone i'd given it to. that basturd changed it! well then, just dont usr the stationaries. if that dumbtard was smart, he'd know that stat+collider=total shi7.

sorry, and thanks for bringing that to my attention.

so, HP, you want it beigger? well iv'e got one going that's way more intricate, and about the size of two B2b's. good enough? Ill release it when it's 100% complete. or ill just forget about it and delete it later. whatever :P

goose
February 20, 2004, 2:55 am
EDIT: Glad I could help Colonel.[:D]

:P

peemonkey
February 20, 2004, 3:41 am
that's colonel!
version2 is commin along nicely. ive got offensive waypoints that help each other by attacking in waves, and hovering in the air to provide cover. alot of people want maps waypointed, so im kinda too busy to work too hard on it