( search forums )
Ocea 0.3 Pub Beta [Updated]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Sliker_Hawk
February 19, 2004, 2:02 pm
No, it's not an ocean map. My private beta tester, although only lasted about an hour, found some invisible craters, and they havn't all been fixed yet.

This is a large map which supports death match, team, rambo matches, it doesn't have a yellow flag spawn yet. It hasn't got any waypoints yet but you can still use bots, they just won't move until they see someone. 6 - 10 players. I will decline all help for waypointing.

Overview:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] oceaove.jpg27.22 KB

Random 1:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ocearand.jpg40.07 KB

Random 2:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ocearand2.jpg56.72 KB

It:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Ocea.zip14.94 KB

Please tell me about any bugs you might have found or any requests you might have.

Updates:
Now includes bots and
the invisible crater is fixed.

The bots aren't brilliant but its still beta. I'll fix it. Best with 15 people on deathmatch.

Sliker_Hawk
February 19, 2004, 2:15 pm
er.. sorry.. you need the map

sande24
February 19, 2004, 2:15 pm
nah... i like inf and ctf only... i dont like it... too simple...

Hitman
February 19, 2004, 3:01 pm
From the screenshots it looks pretty good, but I'm not going to download it until it has Bot support.

Sliker_Hawk
February 19, 2004, 4:33 pm
it'll have em tomorrow.

paradox
February 19, 2004, 6:43 pm
Sliker_Hawk:

The whole point of posting your maps is to get help, post releases and get criticizim, if you can't handle it, why don't YOU not bother posting?

quote:
If you don't like it, don't post, is that too simple?
Thanks anyway.. Sowee, just don't go round clicking on map types you don't like.

It doesnt say the map type in the topic heh, and maybe he just looked at a screen?

EDIT: Oh, and to keep on topic, I like it although it looks a bit too simple.

February 19, 2004, 7:49 pm
Nice shading, but it looks a bit huge... I reckon it would be really good for teammatches with about 4 teams of 3 or something.

Sliker_Hawk
February 20, 2004, 1:23 am
Back to ctf and inf for meh. I'll update this soon..

n00bface
February 20, 2004, 1:16 pm
It looks an awful lot like that no-flying dm map :|

Holden
February 26, 2004, 8:53 am
I like simple maps, and I liked this map. It's a bit big, but it works very well if you are 6+, even better with around 10-12. =). Nice job!

Rambo_6
February 26, 2004, 1:25 pm
Pretty good, but a bit too... Unoriginal. Keep up the good work. [:)]