( search forums )
Need More Info: Abort Trap & Dependencies (Linux)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Shanesan
February 23, 2004, 1:41 am
Linux system admins have been reporting errors with "Abort Trap", rediculous ram amounts, and other such flaws with the Linux Server (The Windows server isn't much better).

May I ask (This is to the Linux Server Creator) what dependencies (libraries) this server needs to run? And why does the Shell keep reporting that there is an "Abort Trap"?

toadsMoke
February 23, 2004, 2:28 am
could you replicate the error and paste the text?

Ixtli
February 24, 2004, 9:35 am
./soldatserver
Abort trap
[03:26:21/Tue Feb 24]

nohup ./soldatserver
appending output to nohup.out
Abort trap
[03:28:35/Tue Feb 24]

It's that simple.

Shanesan posted about the error, but I'm the actual owner of the shell. Yes, it's running on a shell account and the admin of the server has actually increased the overhead this game would take but still we're finding abort trap is a constant problem -anytime- we attempt to launch it.

The OS is FreeBSD 4.9.

Thanks for inquiring. [:D]

Ixtli
February 25, 2004, 8:16 pm
Also, I have tried it with the ./soldatserver [password] as well, but to no avail.

toadsMoke
March 2, 2004, 8:20 pm
odd. im in the process of making a dedicated linux system, from which i plan to host a soldat server. when it is done, i'll check into it. i imagine the problem lies with FreeBSD. ive never noticed that problem when running a linux server.

Shanesan
March 5, 2004, 4:16 am
[V] Well. I wonder where the Linux server creator is to help anwser such important questions. I'd really like to know what the heck is going on, here. [:(!]

Michal Marcinkowski
March 6, 2004, 5:02 pm
I'm not a unix expert so I have no idea what this error means. Ask an expert what this means and tell me, then I'll see what I can do from the coding part.

Shanesan
May 3, 2004, 4:27 am
According to Marine Eater, "No Ram is not the problem, i know that 'Abort Trap' is something to do with my account not being able to access the correct libraries, if i am given the correct library names, i can get my admin to make them readable."

To back this theory up, I have enclosed this line.

"ยง You ftp a binary program to a PicoBSD system, try to run it, and get the error message:

ELF interpreter /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
Abort trap

The program was linked assuming that it could link to a loaded library at run-time using dynamic linking, but the specified library (ld-elf.so.1) was not found. See the section on writing a statically-linked application for PicoBSD."

All we need is what libraries it wants, and we got it covered on this side, Michal.