this is my first map
called DT-arena

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] DT-arena.JPG32.91 KB

here is the download link

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] DT-arena.zip3.27 KB

please dont be to hard this is my first map[;)]

After.Math
February 23, 2004, 1:00 pm
Its ok, add more polygons, scenery, platforms and such.

centric
February 23, 2004, 1:11 pm
ooh thanks
it is only my first map
the second is much better

Sir_DeL
February 23, 2004, 10:37 pm
i agree with After.Matgh a little bit to plain ;]

Deleted User
February 23, 2004, 11:05 pm
Ok, I'm gonna be honest, and say its a bad map. But everyones first map sucks ass.

First, you need to smoothen the entire map. Some people like maps rigid and flat, others like them rounded. Either way, you should great rid of great big angles like the bumps in the roof. Do this by laying in new polygons inbetween the bigger ones.

Secondly, the entire map is grey, which is boring to the eye. Colour it brown or green, something more interesting. Also, vary the colour, like have sections of it lighter than the other - if you work hard, you can use this to make light effects - see ctf_B2b.

Thirdly, try a different texture, if you decide to use light colours. It looks better, I can't explain why.

Lastly, detail the layout. Instead of a few platforms in the air and a flat bottom, stick some small hills in, tunnels, bumps, ditches.

You'll probably have a go at these things and find it hard. It always is at first, but if you want to make a good map, you have to learn. You can always open the official soldat maps up in the mapmaker and see how they have been made.

Haro1121
February 24, 2004, 4:31 am
for ur first map it is good keep on practiceing ull get better (haros nice to a new mapper for a change) :D