( search forums )
Throwing Weapons at people hurts them :D
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
m00`
February 23, 2004, 10:39 am
Yes this has gotta be the BEST idea I have ever thought of, think about it, if u throw a weapon at somone they should lose 1/4 of their health, I think it woudl eb very awsome if you use up ur law and cant be bothered reloading it and then u threw it at somone then switchign weaposn and wasting somone, the weapon throwign range shouldnt be like the knife throwing range but should be a bit more than it is now...

Please tel lem what u think, i really like it :/

FroG-BoY
February 23, 2004, 10:41 am
-20:32:10- [+Akai|FrogboY]: heh, i threw my chainsaw at someone
-20:32:21- [+Akai|FrogboY]: it should do something
-20:32:34- [+Akai|FrogboY]: i mean, if you throw a chainsaw at someone it doesnt just go through them!
-20:33:01- [+Akai|FrogboY]: or does it... *throws chainsaw at innocent bystanders*

m00`
February 23, 2004, 10:42 am
too bad, i said all the weapons should do damage, not only chainsaw! my IDEA ! OWNED! :P

FroG-BoY
February 23, 2004, 11:24 am
Yeah, I think you posted this before I said that... and I don't think you were in 2wai at that time either... at least not active in it.

Chakra
February 23, 2004, 11:31 am
I don't think it's practical or realistic...but, I wouldn't mind if you threw your gun at someone and they were knocked back, like shooting someone with a shotty.

Josh1l6
February 23, 2004, 4:48 pm
Use the LAW like a baseball bat and smack the knife back at the thrower.
If you have empty hands you should be able to catch the weapon without damage.

Hova
February 23, 2004, 5:09 pm
The one thing I never got is why I get damaged when I touch an unexploded granade. Maybe its just lag....

m00`
February 23, 2004, 9:11 pm
come on guys just say this idea pwns and michal will implement it when it goes to 50 pages, I like chakra's idea, but i like mine more :P

so yeh come on !

Yin_Starrunner
February 23, 2004, 11:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hova
The one thing I never got is why I get damaged when I touch an unexploded granade. Maybe its just lag....

LOL, you need to learn mor eabout the gaem man, grenades have motion sensors!

Hova
February 24, 2004, 12:44 am
But they don't blow up oO. If you are telling the truth, I didn't know that.

goose
February 24, 2004, 12:45 am
I think I should have the option of selling my soldat characters body in exchange for oh... a team point? Would add a whole new meaning to teamwork!

But I like you're idea m00`, though I think 1/4 of the health is quite a bit for being hit with a gun. Maybe like a millionth. That sounds hot...

m00`
February 24, 2004, 1:10 am
do u have absoloutely any idea how hard it would be to get up close to somone and chuck a gun at them? :P

Toni_Cicerelli
February 24, 2004, 1:20 am
Screw throwing. I want to sneek up behind some prone guy and get on top of him and beat his head in with the butt of my gun then get up and cmd /piss on him. If I were a solder I do it. lol

Sekushi
February 24, 2004, 1:29 am
I like Chakra's idea of stunning someone briefly. But that would get annoying after a while.

Toni_Cicerelli
February 24, 2004, 12:15 pm
I can see geting stunned anoying. tra la la la la ow... what the hell. oh well tra la la OW WTF. *girr* tra... la... la... hummm tra la la la OW GODDAMNIT DIE *Gun shots and screaming* SCREW SOLDAT, IM NEVER PLAYING AGANE.

palloco
February 24, 2004, 2:46 pm
Throwing your Steyr AUG to other guy will hurt more than a bullet in his head...

Toumaz
February 24, 2004, 3:12 pm
Great idea, but there's one problem:
in Soldat the weapons are DROPPED not throwed.

Hitman
February 24, 2004, 3:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Toumaz
Great idea, but there's one problem:
in Soldat the weapons are DROPPED not throwed.
Omg...that's what their asking to have changed, or have the throwing option added..

Josh1l6
February 24, 2004, 5:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Yin_Starrunner
quote:Originally posted by Hova

LOL, you need to learn mor eabout the gaem man, grenades have motion sensors!

There's a special type of grenade that whips out tiny robotic arms and just rips your balls off.

ok serious now...why I think throwing would be cool is because battles often get really hectic, and you've just used up your primary's ammo, switched your SOCOM and wasted that, and that persistent [:-censored] is going to blow your head in a millisecond and you're out of grenades. This'll give you one last chance when you really need it. And I've heard the Barret weighs 20-30 pounds, why should it sit innocently in your hands?