( search forums )
New Game Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Da FroG
February 24, 2004, 10:29 am
Why dont you make a new game mode it should be simlar to Conquest mode in batlefield 1942, it would be so nice. but then you must remember to add a new waypoint type in the editor, wait here for flag, so the bots dont run away but will try to capture the flag [:D]

b00stA
February 24, 2004, 12:39 pm
Would you be so kind and explain how the Conquest mode works?

oh, and I guess Michal has enough things to do right now..

After.Math
February 24, 2004, 12:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
Would you be so kind and explain how the Conquest mode works?

Exactly what I was going to ask

Yin_Starrunner
February 25, 2004, 12:33 am
conquest mode. There are a number of flags around the map. Each team starts with one flag (may vary). All other flags are neutral. Whena soldier gets next to a flag, the flag chenges to his teams. his team can now spawn there. If an enemy soldier comes near the flag it will turn back to neutral until the enemy, or all of the defenders, are destroyed. If you have more than half of the flags on the map, you're opponent starts losing 1 "ticket" per second. You also make the enemy lose tickets by killing them 1 by 1. First team to lose all their tickets loses the match.

Im neutral.

roxorcist
February 25, 2004, 1:22 am
Sounds like a good idea, however choosing a spawn point could be difficult without a screen with the spawn selections on it. Also, you would need large maps (at least twice the size of any of the INF maps) and many players to make it worth playing, but if it could work, it would be a good implementation I think.

peemonkey
February 25, 2004, 1:34 am
this's been suggested a few times, and each time it turned out: "sure, i'd like it."

Toni_Cicerelli
February 26, 2004, 2:53 am
Considering its 2d ummmmm... i think it could be fun. but i would have to test drive it. I think id would just mush into team death match. but i could me wrong. who am i to say...

Spike
February 26, 2004, 3:25 am
yeah i agree this mode would be cool :p