( search forums )
Mapmaker freezes when I ctrl click.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Notesurfer
February 25, 2004, 12:14 pm
Anyone have any idea why? It's heck of annoying . . . I can't make maps or anything. As I said in the title, when I hold down ctrl and click, the whole computer freezes on me and I have to restart. Are there any other mapmakers out there that won't do this, or is this fixable?

bb_vb
February 25, 2004, 12:55 pm
I don't know the exact reason why it's doing that, but it might be something to do with your gfx card.

The only thing that happens when you ctrl + click is it creates a polygon, and in your case, the very first one to be viewed. So I reckon it's probly the polygon rendering that's stufing it up. The only thing is I assume soldat runs ok for you, and they most likely use the same rendering system, so it may not be that.

And there aren't any other mms around, so you'll have to try to fix it somehow. Perhaps reinstalling or something... I don't know, i've never heard of this happening before...

After.Math
February 25, 2004, 1:22 pm
This a different problem...

My only suggestion is try these things:

-New Graphix Card/Check it
-Reinstall Map Maker
-Reinstall Soldat ( possibly a bad file? )

b00stA
February 25, 2004, 6:11 pm
Close programs like Babylon (translators) that trigger when you Ctrl+(Right)click.

Notesurfer
February 29, 2004, 12:48 am
Thanks for trying to help guys, but none of that is working! I don't even HAVE a graphics card, and Soldat itself runs quite fine! Another symptom is that my mouse is all flickery when I hold it over the editable white area. I know this has to have something to do with it, programs that make mine (and other people's) mouse flicker always freeze up my computer . . . arg, thanks again though.

Aegis
February 29, 2004, 4:52 am
Actually, all computers have a video card, otherwise nothing would proably show up on your monitor. I also have never heard of this problem.

Notesurfer
March 2, 2004, 4:17 pm
TRU

And also, in the description of this board it says:
"Get help, blah blah blah for soldat Map Maker (Official and MIETZIS)"

What is this Mietzis? Is it another Map Maker? If so, where can I get it?

b00stA
March 2, 2004, 4:56 pm
It's an outdated Mapmaker, I think it was for Soldat 1.0.5, when the maps had the ".PMP" ending.

Notesurfer
March 2, 2004, 9:23 pm
Thanks everyone for trying to help, I'm kind of dissapointed but I'm not going to give up! And when I do I'm going to make some Perfect Dark maps to go with my bot set and mod . . . which I have not yet posted here due to laziness.