( search forums )
Bandwidth requirements
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
theanomaly
February 27, 2004, 4:41 am
After receiving several error messages when attempting to search (server side MS errors) for 'bandwidth' or much else in the fora, I'll ask.

Is there a general idea of how much CPU time / bandwidth per client is needed for a dedicated host? For example, a 12 player game should be able to use a 1.5mb/512k line with a ghz+ system no problem, with internet access still being fairly responsive?

Either a pointer to a similar post containing an answer, or an answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--TA

Ewok_Boy
February 27, 2004, 6:36 am
geez cant you figuer it out on your if its laggy do somethin if it s not then cool. i just set up a server and play and when i make it deicated it seems to all ways run fine and im on dsl sogo figure. it doesnt have to be the pimpest server out there its not like people are actuly going to join unless there are other people in it and its hard to get someone to join a server with 0 people in it.

theanomaly
March 4, 2004, 11:21 pm
Yes, I know it doesn't have to be the 'pimpest server' out there or anything, and I know how to trial-and-error setup. I have seen people say, for example, RTCW:ET requires about 30mhz cpu time and (I forget off the top of my head) how many kb/s per client connection.

Doesn't appear that that information exists for Soldat, but thanks anyways :)

(and wouldn't it be obvious that it'll be hard to get someone to join a server with 0 people in it?)