( search forums )
The DNA Map pack - My opinion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Icarius
February 28, 2004, 1:45 am
Yay! this will be like the first topic I've made that doesn't involve me complaining..

The DNA Map pack should be the quintessential tool for any soldater, hell, bung it in 1.2.1, we don't care!!! it's rocks!!!!

Praise should go to all the map pack makers, don't you think? Some of the maps look sweet and we've been wanting more maps for ages, so lets all plead we can get it into 1.2.1!!!

YAY

Captain RibMan
February 28, 2004, 1:58 am
i havent seen the mappack, am i missing out on anything "special"?

karmazonpl
February 28, 2004, 4:39 am
yes, you are
this map pack rules, and "I'm lovin' it"

Ta-2
February 28, 2004, 6:27 am
The new maps are well done, but could there be more plz?

tornbydenial
February 28, 2004, 3:28 pm
where do you find this map pack[?]

b00stA
February 28, 2004, 3:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by tornbydenial
where do you find this map pack[?]

Sticky: DNAGames Server Custom Maps

February 28, 2004, 4:51 pm
Anyone stupid enough not to download this mappack doesn't deserve the sweet sweet maps!

wert21
February 28, 2004, 5:55 pm
I don't like it so much. Don't know why, maybe the maps are only for dna server,maybe not everyone has it.

MisterX
February 28, 2004, 6:20 pm
The problem with the mappack is that people don't know there is a new version of the new mappack.
And well, the maps.. b3b is sweet, the snow all over the map.. yay. But I don't like most of the other maps I've played. ctf_Death2 is better then Death, but still not good. Then this snow map with 2 bases and sg's all over the map. don't like it. And the one with the big deadly spikes in the middle.. don't like it as well. Then the one with the huge amount of jet, and the high bases, with a big wall between both bases. well, it looks really, really nice, but I don't like the map. It's just too death-like.

palloco
February 28, 2004, 6:30 pm
I like new maps excep big maps. B2B and similars should be erased from the servers. They are only for campers.

SuperKill
February 28, 2004, 6:39 pm
goddamn haze ! please change the background to something not to bright or not to dark ;D

wert21
February 28, 2004, 7:05 pm
Oh yes, the visibility of some new map is so low...especially b3b and haze.

MisterX
February 28, 2004, 7:19 pm
Ok, here are my opinions about every single map in the mappack. I couldn't test them online, so I played them offline a bit. And I rated them. Like that (don't read this as commands. This are just my thoughts):
[o]: Add this/keep this one to/in the mapcycle.
[x]: Don't add/Remove this one to/from the servers mapcycle.

b3b [o]: Really, really nice look, but it should be easier to get to the upper way. Because now most likely just Minigunners and M79'ers can get up to there, and if the enemy flagcarrier is up there and sniping, could suck.
bridge [ ]: The map's look is okay, but I'm not sure about the gameplay. For me this map is too small. I'm not sure whether it should be kept or removed in/from the mapcycle.
cold_morning [o]: This level seems to be completely good, nicely done.
Death2 [x]: Of course Better than ctf_Death, but still not really good.
haze [x]: The darker version of this map looked much better than this. I really don't like this "creamy" colors. And the map itself, well, it's a bit too much Death-orientated, and it's not really possible to play it tactically I think.
Kampf2 [x]: Seems to be ok. It's much easier to get the flag I think, but not that easy to get to your base with it. But it's too small to be that "open" I think.
Laos2 [x]: 4 ways, but just on the blue side of the map? Seems a bit too unabalanced for me.
Mistlands [o]: Hey, this map looks really great. Just 2 ways, but with enough places where you won't get hit that easy, nice. Just this 2 camper-spots on every sides seem to be stupid..
Run2 [xx]: Don't touch my run! Run is the best map, and the changes in Run2 look useless to me. No, Run is great as it is (just the cover against (?) sniper bullets on the blue side of the tunnel be as good as on the red side.
showdown [o]: Seems to be a really nice map. The blue side just looks as the red side, so it isn't unbalanced.. would really like to play this one online.
trench [x]: Don`t like this one. There's just no place to hide a a bit better than on the battlefield as flagcarrier, and M79'ers can easily come from above and kill the enemy flagcarrier.
Voland2 [x]: The unique look of Voland is nice, so there's no change needed. And the 3 ways of Voland are good as well. I don't see any need of a 4th way directly to the enemy spawn. Ok, most often the enemy flagcarrier is at this teams spawn, and it's really hard to get the flag back then as an enemy, but that's the challenge on Voland, so in my eyes it doesn't need to be changed.

bLaStEr
February 28, 2004, 7:32 pm
I think:

[x] Remove
[o] Keep

///listed only those i've played with///

b3b [x] I don't like it, just because it's too large and makes my eyes hurt.
death2 [o] better than death, because of the upper way. I think this should be replaced with original the death map.
kampf2 [x] kampf is good as it is right now, no need for improvements.
voland2 [o] it's very nice looking map, lots of fun =)

karmazonpl
February 28, 2004, 8:52 pm
well in haze u could add more jet fuel

Tha Doggfather
February 28, 2004, 9:13 pm
ctf_bridge is the best one of the maps used on DNA at the moment IMHO.

MisterX
February 28, 2004, 11:16 pm
ah, i forgot that one in my list

lol Doggfather. quote:Posts: 1337

Sekushi
February 29, 2004, 1:26 am
B3B is a too little big for my liking. Too big for 10 players. :/

Element_101
February 29, 2004, 10:57 am
I dont have the mappack we here in Australia cant really play on DNA the pings way to bad and im on dial up so I got no hope I guess thats why I never even knew there was a mappack I think I might download it soon, it sounds kinda kool!

slatter
February 29, 2004, 4:57 pm
i dont like am.

xav
March 2, 2004, 11:17 pm

Mappack dna needs towers2 the best ctf map.

N1nj@
March 2, 2004, 11:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101
I dont have the mappack we here in Australia cant really play on DNA the pings way to bad and im on dial up so I got no hope I guess thats why I never even knew there was a mappack I think I might download it soon, it sounds kinda kool!

download them and play it offline or something, they are really good maps.[8D]

Element_101
March 3, 2004, 11:43 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
quote:Originally posted by Element_101

download them and play it offline or something, they are really good maps.[8D]

Yeah I think I might just do that! :D

Mcrakin9
March 5, 2004, 1:33 am
yea soldat is cool need more servers with new maps