( search forums )
DNAGames INF server - custom maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DNA.styx
February 28, 2004, 2:55 pm
My ISP has asked me to reduce the bandwidth DNAGames is using, so I'm taking all our servers offline for a while.

I've just fired up an Infiltration server for a while to see how it goes.
Ok, the test went well, so the server's here to stay.

While good custom INF maps are much harder to find Meandor has put together a mini-map pack to run on our server. I'll be adding these maps to the server tomorrow, so grab the map pack today!

INF mini-map pack
link

soldat://soldat.dnagames.net:24073

Rotaion:
inf_Abel
inf_desert_one
inf_Fortress
inf_ForestBase2
inf_Outpost
inf_normandy
inf_Warehouse

Point limit: 120
Ping kick: 300

House rules:
No excessive spawn camping
Play nice, no swearing at other players
Anyone called Soldier will be kicked from a full server

New map details:
Desert one - mfG/Knight -- knight@sw-soldat.de
ForestBase2 - EmoAC -- SinSorrowAndSadness@hotmail.com
Normandy - EnjoyIncubus -- cjlemay@cox.net
Orient - bb_vb -- bb_vb@hotmail.com

b00stA
February 28, 2004, 3:32 pm
Had a few nice rounds there.. right now I'd prefer it over DNAgames.CTF :)

HellRaider
February 28, 2004, 3:40 pm
May I suggest CUSTOM inf maps? :)

ekans_is _liqu1d
February 28, 2004, 6:06 pm
i tink that custom maps will be gud too

i sugest

inf_normandy
inf_stalingrad
inf_id beta

i think tghese maps r gud maybe u shuld put them in?

palloco
February 28, 2004, 6:11 pm
lol

DNA.styx
February 28, 2004, 6:17 pm
Naw, no custom maps yet
(love the smelling pistakes ekans [:)])

peemonkey
February 28, 2004, 7:09 pm
he's american, what you expect? ill go see the server tomarrow

Hercule Poirot
February 28, 2004, 9:21 pm
aaahhh finally good inf server i played there about 1 hour and have lot of fun if you keep this running like you do ctf server right now i wont play ctf anymore well not so much and i play more infiltration :P

oh and add more custom maps soon...

Shyo
February 29, 2004, 5:07 am
Custom maps are what made the DNAGames server so special...
I know it, you all want custom maps!

palloco
February 29, 2004, 9:12 am
dnagames is starting to lag. too many people

DNA.styx
February 29, 2004, 12:16 pm
I never saw any server side lag while I was playing yesterday...could have been a routing issue

CardBoardWarrior
February 29, 2004, 1:12 pm
Why does "ekans_is _liqu1d"'s name like re-arranged, kinda spell liquidis x snake...

peemonkey
February 29, 2004, 4:40 pm
lol...i saw that too.
i got kick from the server from possible cheat. alls i said was "damn it!, stupid peace..." when a teammate got in the way of my scoring. BAH!

Sekushi
February 29, 2004, 6:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
House rules:
Play nice, no swearing at other players
Anyone called Soldier will be kicked from a full server

You did a no-no. :x I haven't played in the inf. server, but I think I'll go check to see if it's active.

Edit:
-Lobby is down, have to wait :(

sensai
February 29, 2004, 7:21 pm
i got kicked and banned for possible cheat. i dont think i swore at any1, and i know i wasnt cheating. does the server automatically kick any1 who swears or something ? i might have done that

DNA.styx
February 29, 2004, 7:23 pm
Lobby is down, have to wait :(
If only it was possible to just type a server's ip or address into Soldat and click on join...if only that was possible >;-)

b00stA
February 29, 2004, 8:18 pm
or just imagine you could click a link.. for example this one and Soldat would start playing on a server... wow.

pongo
February 29, 2004, 9:06 pm
Point limit: 120
why? maybe set limit 61
Ping kick: 300
why?

why?

DNA.styx
February 29, 2004, 10:26 pm
120 points = 4 caps (4 caps is DNAG's CTF limit...and also Soldat default setting AFAIK)

300ms ping kick = the server is online for players with fast connections only: no laggy warping 28.8k modem users allowed :)

No excessive spawn camping: 'cos it just aint big or clever to sit outside your NME's base sniping them as they come out..it's ok to do it to give your team a chance to escape with the flag but no more than that..

Yin_Starrunner
March 1, 2004, 11:53 pm
yay an inf server thats actually FULL! I suggest Inf_Omahatrench 2 (or sumtin like that) when you start using teh custom maps!

Social Poison
March 2, 2004, 12:57 am
hey DNA... can you bump the time limit up? If the flag spends hardly any time out of the base area, the time runs out before the blue score wins. Also maybe make it so it's 121 caps... or 91 caps, that way the red team has to work a lil' more.

TIR_Blade
March 2, 2004, 10:16 pm
Damnit got kicked for possible cheating from it...And i was having fun too :(

Hitman
March 2, 2004, 10:47 pm
Happens to everyone. Teh ghey [:-irked]. But suprisingly some people still managed to get away with Trainers without getting kicked [:(!].

Spike
March 6, 2004, 7:16 pm
inf custom maps!!! now ^^

DNA.styx
March 6, 2004, 9:09 pm
go make a map pack!! now ^^

sensai
March 7, 2004, 5:50 pm
could we pls just turn the auto-kick off ?? ive been kicked more times than i care to (or probly can) count, and its getting old. i personally have never come across a person cheating on DNA, and i dont think that is becuase of the (apparently) random kickings.

other servers seem to get along fine w/out it. why dont we give it a try

Dathker
March 7, 2004, 6:05 pm
DNA you go make a pack now!?!?!?!?
makes sure you put the inf maps LxS made :)

Sekushi
March 7, 2004, 6:58 pm
DNA Custom Inf Server = A must have :D

?
March 7, 2004, 7:11 pm
it would be cool ot have custom maps and no sg but all in all i am glad to have an unlaggy inf server =D

DNA.styx
March 7, 2004, 10:29 pm
DNA you go make a pack now!?!?!?!?
I don't know enough about/play enough INF maps to pick good ones, that why I leave it up to others..

?
March 7, 2004, 11:52 pm
dna i will search the forums and pick out some maps posted that might be good, and yall mappers, make some maps and send them to dna =D

edit- hitman already searched the forums

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=8233

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=6886

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=5078

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=12097

i don't know if that is all the maps he kinda stopped my search if not ill look again if yall want me to

Rambo_6
March 8, 2004, 2:59 am
I got kicked for 'possible cheat'

ARGH!!! wtf!

Sekushi
March 8, 2004, 3:54 am
Bug. Get used to it.

RadiuS-NL-
March 8, 2004, 8:36 pm
i like this server, got some good games too, but too bad that blue was using too much m79s and barrets :P

achan1989
March 9, 2004, 4:41 pm
W00T! Server is great. I've been playing a lot on it, seen many regulars often on every day.

I play under the name -=FM=-Melchior. Anyone seen me?

O ye, custom maps soon would be great.

omenamehu
March 17, 2004, 7:32 pm
I love this server, but I got kicked because of "possible cheat" earlier today (maybe 4-6 hours ago) and I'm still banned! what a hell is going on??

Spooky
March 22, 2004, 6:41 am
so um...

think we could maybe perhaps get real mode?

and anyone have any custom inf maps? the ones in rotation are kinda... well getitng old.

eesahe
March 22, 2004, 7:36 am
No real mode, please! Yeah, the few inf maps are getting boring, we really need more of them.

DNA.styx
March 25, 2004, 1:26 pm
The INF server's now off test mode and here to stay, there is also a mini-map pack avaliable that will be used on the server, get it from the first post in this thread.

Sekushi
March 25, 2004, 9:54 pm
Yay! Ty Styx! You're my hero. :3

Spectral
March 27, 2004, 6:00 pm
ever since it included mini-map pack, when i join the server, it just does the free camara [:-censored].

b00stA
March 27, 2004, 6:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spectral
ever since it included mini-map pack, when i join the server, it just does the free camara [:-censored].

the same happens to me.
I join the INF server and I'm stuck in free-camera mode.. can't do anything at all :(

Hitman131
March 27, 2004, 7:58 pm
yea same, please fix I love inf!!! o yea real mode would be great to, a bit more of a challenge.

LiL_FuKa
March 27, 2004, 8:26 pm
Good.. I was getttin sick of the normal inf maps.

Rambo_6
March 28, 2004, 4:20 pm
I like the custom sceneries in inf_Normandy, but the map could use some fine tuning....

Spooky
March 29, 2004, 1:09 am
can you kil normandy?

because of where red spawns it's ipossible for blue to acumulate points. i mean, honestly, ONE score and red wins and it's REALLY easy for them to win.

Psyker
March 29, 2004, 2:06 am
First of all, I would like to say that the new maps are awesome. (especially forest)

Now, as for the normandy map; it's hard. I was playing 2v2 earlier today and it was near impossible for red to get past me and the other guy. As soon as I could, I switched to red; it was impossible to get past the barricades. However, I like the concept of the map - it works well. Yes, it is near impossible for blue to get points, but I think the point is to outlast the alpha team until the time runs out.

palloco
March 29, 2004, 11:26 am
Hmmm, no, In normandy blue cannot win.
The one with a tunnel red cannot win
Others seem fine, even though I think I had not played all of them

Aquarius
March 29, 2004, 11:54 am
I must say that I don't like the the inf mappack very much. My opinion:

Desert_one - EXETREMELY unbalanced, not possible to capture the flag if a good sniper with LAW is near the flag in the mountain.

Normandy - the most playable in the mappack but to small and unbalanced - it's to easy for attacking team.

Orient - good, balanced map, but it is to small for 5vs5 server.

Forrest_Base2 - balanced but it just doesn't fit, I don't like it.

Element_101
March 29, 2004, 12:43 pm
New maps mad! cant wait to play

dizzle
April 7, 2004, 1:58 am
Am I the only person who logs into the server, and sees it being apparently empty, I can't spawn, and it says at the top "Waiting to join game?" My ping is super erratic, like 0-126351263 too. I can play ctf just fine (except for access violation), it's weird.

b00stA
April 7, 2004, 5:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by dizzle
Am I the only person who logs into the server, and sees it being apparently empty, I can't spawn, and it says at the top "Waiting to join game?" My ping is super erratic, like 0-126351263 too. I can play ctf just fine (except for access violation), it's weird.

I have the same problem.. you're kinda stuck in spectator mode.. it's the same when you join a team-mode server and you don't select a team. You're in free-cam mode and when you press F3 your ping counts up/down.

Subslider
April 7, 2004, 5:31 pm
yea happens te me a sec ago to..
kinda weird cuz for all i know it only happens to me there..

Sub