( search forums )
calculators and pdas
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
palloco
February 29, 2004, 4:32 pm
I need an advanced calculator but since they are expensive 200 ? I thought that it would better spend that money in a PDA that can do advanced maths and other things. I saw that Palm does not have those programs so I looked Zaurus, which is Linux based, woot, and it has that stuff and looks so amazing with all the things you can do there. I wanted the old one(5500) that you can buy it in Amazon for 200 $ with unknown customers :/. In a store of my town it costs 700 ? :(. So I looked the good one(5600) and it costs 330 $ sold by amazon itself.
Is it reliable buying in Amazon?
The other option I have is buying a HP 49g+(220?). Does anyone know if does it worth? Are other calculators better or with better relation quality/cost? Should I get a PDA?

CardBoardWarrior
February 29, 2004, 4:59 pm
I say get a PDA, but I dont kno any that can do advanced math and such... just simple computing :)

b00stA
February 29, 2004, 5:00 pm
I have a Palm m100 with 2MB memory.. costed 300dm (150?) back then. Now you can get one for 50? at ebay iirc
well, the software that comes with the Palm is pretty useless (basic calculator etc.), but I'm sure you can get some advanced tools from teh intarweb.
haven't tested them yet (because I just don't need them), but I can tell you that it's pretty fine for reading ebooks (you can convert PDFs for example)

dunno anything about the new PDAs, but I don't have any problems with my m100.

CardBoardWarrior
February 29, 2004, 11:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
I have a Palm m100

lmao
i used to have one of those crappy things

Josh1l6
March 1, 2004, 4:26 am
Get a palm and you can use a few of the hundred or so math programs on www.palmgear.com plus you can play games. Only problem is some teachers may not allow a PDA in class, and definitely not on tests.

gi.joe
March 1, 2004, 5:40 am
true that... i have a Casio graphics calculator... verry verry helpful

palloco
March 1, 2004, 8:12 am
Almost all programs are shareware for Palm. But that should not be a problem. The problem is that all calculators for Palm are quite crappy. Nothing that a 50 $ calculator cannot beat.

gi.joe
March 1, 2004, 10:52 pm
yeah id go for the safe option and just crank a calculator....

BManx2000
March 2, 2004, 1:32 am
Plus, if you get a Texas Instruments graphing calc, and shell out for a link cable, you can dowload all sorts of games for it from www.ticalc.org :)