( search forums )
Friendly Fire = Fun?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
kevith
March 1, 2004, 3:14 am
I was just curious what you all thought about friendly fire on a server. I generally never liked it before because you have some stupid people who like to kill their teammates. However, in my server today I accidentally left FF on and I have to say it was pretty fun. It requires a little more smarts and forces you to look before you shoot (sadly...there don't seem to be that many smart people out there [:(]). FF works pretty well as long as the vote kick option works or an admin is there to kick the perpetual TKers. Any thoughts?

Sithak
March 1, 2004, 4:09 am
yea man who shoots there own team mates :S ( shut up spitzfiya )

BMF
March 1, 2004, 4:46 am
FF is good, but not on a public server.

Marbire
March 1, 2004, 5:21 am
Yeah, FF is horrible on public servers.

When it's 3v3 it can be good......

FroG-BoY
March 1, 2004, 6:30 am
FF is better when you randomly change it, and people dont know what the hells going on, and just before someone says something, you set it back...

Guil
March 1, 2004, 6:31 am
I like FF but like the others said, too many stupid jerk are on servers.

palloco
March 1, 2004, 8:05 am
FF is only good for barretards

Drama
March 1, 2004, 2:48 pm
There should be more admins in servers

SiB Danne
March 1, 2004, 3:18 pm
I love it when FF is on without me knowing it when I join, I just walk around blasting everyone until someone says WTF. Blood blood blood! But really, no FF should be off, no fun killing your own team knowingly, only unknowlingly

wert21
March 1, 2004, 6:43 pm
I don't like FF, just becouse as kevith said "you have some stupid people who like to kill their teammates." especially when you've got the flag...

kevith
March 1, 2004, 7:30 pm
I'm actually starting to prefer FF to be on, but only if there is an admin present to kick morons.

n00bface
March 1, 2004, 9:18 pm
I played a really fun game with m00` and Frogboy the other day... there were like 15 people on a server, and FF was on, and everyone was on alpha.. The goal of the game is to try and get the blue flag and score before your teammates kill you... it's like kill the carrier...

Drama
March 1, 2004, 10:56 pm
LoL, noobs with barret are nightmares if ff is on [:D]

"it was a blind shot"

Kazuki
March 2, 2004, 12:37 am
LMFAO, Noobface, I remember that!! That was fun as hell!!!

BMF
March 2, 2004, 1:02 am
haha that sounds like fun

wormdundee
March 2, 2004, 2:06 am
that does indeed sound like fun, dare i say new game mode?

although from past ideas i somehow doubt it will be put in, not that i know why

i must do that!

Chakra
March 2, 2004, 2:21 am
Biggest difference I noticed when FF was ever on was the lack of explosions i'd hear. You just can't throw nades around like a nutter for fear of blowing up your comrades...makes the game a little more skillful, as you have to rely on your gun a little more and use nades only in certainty.

akusokuzan
March 2, 2004, 2:25 am
It' would be fun if you stand where teammates respwan and kill anyone who respawns

Kazuki
March 2, 2004, 1:40 pm
Uh, no... that's called annoying and you get kicked for it.

b00stA
March 2, 2004, 1:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
I played a really fun game with m00` and Frogboy the other day... there were like 15 people on a server, and FF was on, and everyone was on alpha.. The goal of the game is to try and get the blue flag and score before your teammates kill you... it's like kill the carrier...

quote:Originally posted by akusokuzan
It' would be fun if you stand where teammates respwan and kill anyone who respawns

quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
Uh, no... that's called annoying and you get kicked for it.

Hitman
March 2, 2004, 5:15 pm
Hahaha, nice one Boosta!quote:that does indeed sound like fun, dare i say new game mode?Me likes. If you think about it this is a pretty good idea!