( search forums )
Next Version?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Swifty
March 1, 2004, 3:26 pm
Anyone have any clue when the next version of soldat will be released? I would like to hear about any information at all about it if any one knows.

SiB Danne
March 1, 2004, 4:19 pm
If it took months to release v 1.2 then it will take months to release next version also? Its like math, 1+1=3

cup_of_squirrels
March 1, 2004, 4:34 pm
I dont really care when. Im just counting the days till Soldat 2 is considered

Hitman
March 1, 2004, 5:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by SiB Danne
If it took months to release v 1.2 then it will take months to release next version also? Its like math, 1+1=3
I doubt it. It took so long to make 1.2 because a lot of Bugs had to be fixed, and also a new Lobby Server was being made. Now since most of the bugs have been fixed it shouldn't take that long to make the next version.

cup_of_squirrels
March 1, 2004, 6:28 pm
Well, first I think theres going teh be 1.2.5 or somit, to fix the minor bugs.

DizzyTea
March 1, 2004, 6:36 pm
soldat 3d [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Social Poison
March 1, 2004, 6:59 pm
Soldat 2 Why would he make a sequal? He's still workign on the first one :P

Soldat 3D Go play CS.

Roy
March 1, 2004, 7:22 pm
Everyone will be waiting for the next version of Soldat to fix all the bugs, but the truth is that the bugs people actually care about will never be fixed. Yeah, usually the minor single-player bugs from the previous version are addressed, but along with these are a bunch of new bugs which need to be fixed, and when those are fixed more will be created, etc. Meanwhile, the multiplayer bugs that [:-censored] everything up don't get addressed. The only thing to look forward to in a new version are cosmetics. Poly slipping was the only really major "bug" fix in 1.2.

palloco
March 1, 2004, 7:42 pm
"Now since most of the bugs have been fixed it shouldn't take that long to make the next version."

LOL

"I doubt it. It took so long to make 1.2 because a lot of Bugs had to be fixed"

Taht is right. They had to, but they were not. Now there are much more bugs. Next version with wep editor will be almost so uggy like win me before they solutioned 65000 bugs.

N1nj@
March 1, 2004, 9:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by SiB Danne

I wonder what you get in math in school.

cup_of_squirrels
March 1, 2004, 9:31 pm
lol XD

Deleted User
March 1, 2004, 9:31 pm
Soldat 1.2.1 won't take as long as 1.2, because 1.2 was an uber-upgrade, like 1.0.5b to 1.1. However, there will be a weapons editor in 1.2.1, which Michal has said will take a while yet to make, so I'm saying middle to end of April.

Meandor
March 1, 2004, 10:20 pm
I think the weapon editor is coming by itself when it's ready, meanwhile i guess there will be some minor patch(es).

Marbire
March 1, 2004, 10:37 pm
Just fix the linux server bugs, and slice the barret.

That is all.

Drama
March 1, 2004, 10:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Marbire
Just fix the linux server bugs, and slice the barret.

That is all.

Isnt that already fixed ??

btw. CoS animated sig's not allowed... Someone with 56k takes about 10min to load a topic cause of your sig...

Icarius
March 1, 2004, 10:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Social Poison
Soldat 2 Why would he make a sequal? He's still workign on the first one :P

Soldat 3D Go play CS.

More like Tribes 2...

bucky_brad
March 2, 2004, 1:35 am
i just wont the wepons editor and the online code to
be optimized so i can playonline, because if i can play UT 2003
online i sure as hell should be able to play soldat online...

b00stA
March 2, 2004, 1:01 pm
I'm expecting nothing at all. Maybe there will be more bugs, maybe less, I don't care anymore. I'll just play.. it's still Soldat.

Kazuki
March 2, 2004, 1:38 pm
I agree with Boosta. I guess 1.2 is good enough for me. As for Marb's problem with the barret, that's exactly why you can make servers without it ;) I know it's still not the same, but it's something.

cup_of_squirrels
March 2, 2004, 1:58 pm
same here!

Aquarius
March 2, 2004, 2:20 pm
I think MM should fix all the bugs and release Soldat 1.2.1, before he will make some new features.

Jounaz
March 2, 2004, 6:23 pm
i don't wate next version so much because the 1.2 is fine with me and i haven't got any bugs that will disturb (or something) me... but allways new version brings an exitement to game and so on i think :)

N1nj@
March 2, 2004, 9:01 pm
I rather have michal to work on the Map-Maker and Interface-Maker :D

Deleted User
March 2, 2004, 9:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
I rather have michal to work on the Map-Maker and Interface-Maker :D

Ditto!

Sekushi
March 2, 2004, 10:03 pm
The bugs are what make Soldat Soldat, I suppose.

With every version, there will be bugs/a bug. Somewhere.

DT
March 3, 2004, 1:19 am
a new version would = better bug spray and a bigger boot..

Captain RibMan
March 3, 2004, 4:37 am
bug spray??? boot???

Element_101
March 3, 2004, 11:44 am
Soldat 2 come on you cant really belive thats ever coming, the first soldat is still far from being completed I think..

Swifty
March 3, 2004, 6:50 pm
Does anybody have any word on what the officials are planning on doing to the game next, what changes are talking bout being made?

Sekushi
March 3, 2004, 10:10 pm
Why don't you ask "the officials" rather than us? Any info we can get is just as easily accessible to you as it is to us. Thus, anything we know, you have the ability to know.

PS - Try asking Michal his goals for the next Soldat :o

AerialAssault
March 4, 2004, 12:47 am
doesnt swifty know soldat isnt made by a company, rather it is a one man team

kevith
March 4, 2004, 12:49 am
I heard somewhere that there will be bug spray [;)]

Sekushi
March 4, 2004, 3:06 am
Well, you're listening to the wrong sources if you heard that. It'd be kind of stupid to have bug spray if there aren't even bugs in Soldat.

Generic
March 4, 2004, 3:26 am
Soldat sucks and don't tell me "Then don't play it" because I don't.

I'm hoping michal will just fix bugs in 1.1.4 add some new graphics and call it 1.2.1

-Juice box.