( search forums )
About Pics and Avatars
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
DT
March 3, 2004, 12:22 am
Hey i was wondering how to get a pic on your signature and get a avatar going? i mean i got this awsome pic of me shot a guy.... yea..

Josh1l6
March 3, 2004, 12:43 am
First, go to My Page. You can upload pics to the forum in My Files, then link them in Edit Profile to New Avatar. Look in the FAQ for how to put pics in your sig. There is a size limit.

DT
March 3, 2004, 1:43 am
Testing...

DT
March 3, 2004, 1:44 am
ah crap that didn't work.. how do i get my link below( in my signature ) to a pic? didn't say in FAQ

Aquarius
March 3, 2004, 2:05 am
use IMG not URL

BMF
March 3, 2004, 2:07 am
wrong forum

kevith
March 3, 2004, 2:16 am
OK... apparently you've uploaded your file... now you need to type it in under your profile. In the box that says signature type the location it gave you like this: [ img ]data/DT/20043313237_airsniper.bmp[ /img ] but without the spaces in the brackets. And you should do your testing in the forum at the bottom where it says "Do all of your testing here."

societies_punishment
March 3, 2004, 3:32 am
hey acually this helps me too i had been wondering but never asked lets see now ....what to put on as an avatar

Sekushi
March 3, 2004, 4:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Josh1l6
First, go to My Page. You can upload pics to the forum in My Files, then link them in Edit Profile to New Avatar. Look in the FAQ for how to put pics in your sig. There is a size limit.

Wrong. First thing you do is check the Rules concerning signature and avatar files.

For Signatures:
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits:

For text signatures 4 lines up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed.

For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

Use forum code to keep signature files neat and short.

--

Both of you, DT and societies punishment, need to alter your signature so that they confide with the forum rules. [:D]

Josh1l6
March 3, 2004, 5:07 am
I am sorry, you are quite right, Sekushi. Hope I didn't lead any other newbs astray.

Captain RibMan
March 3, 2004, 5:27 am
societies_punishment's Sig is HUGE

Niff
March 3, 2004, 6:56 am
My siggie is pwn. And it's EXACTLY THE RIGHT SIZE! HUZZAH!