( search forums )
Msn Messenger Problem
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
N1nj@
March 3, 2004, 2:41 am
Does anyone know why on some of the names, there is all these question marks ??? like this:

[IMAGE]

It only happens on my computer, I went to my friend's house, they are see others name perfectly fine.

Can someone help me please? Thank you.

Hitman
March 3, 2004, 2:43 am
This may sound stupid but...Have you tried reinstalling it?

N1nj@
March 3, 2004, 3:04 am
ya, I think it has somehting to do with my font stuff...but not too sure.

Captain RibMan
March 3, 2004, 3:43 am
i think its asian characters or something cos i have seent that once

of course i can be completely wrong

Hitman
March 3, 2004, 3:55 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
ya, I think it has somehting to do with my font stuff...but not too sure.
Yeah, I also think it has something to do with the Font, maybe some of the files of the Font that Messenger uses are corrupt. I checked what Font Messenger uses and I think it's Century Gothic.

I Ziped all of my Century Gothic font files and tried to upload them but it said that it was a File type which is not accepted?! [:-irked] WinZip?! Anyway, see if you can download the files and overwrite the ones in your Font Folder maybe that will sort the problem out.

arC
March 3, 2004, 5:43 am
Yeah I know what it is, well at least i think i do. If you have Windows XP then this isn't the answer. It's something to do with the windows character map, or something in XP to do with characters that any lower version doesn't have. Thats only my theory, its not proven or anything.

N1nj@
March 3, 2004, 9:11 pm
I have Window ME and those are not the asian letters....it just letters like A, B or C but with a special thing to it...don't know how to explain...

arC, you know anyway to fix that?

Dark_Noddy
March 3, 2004, 9:35 pm
Take a look in Ur Font folder.. Wich fonts do U have there ? By eyemessurement I think MSN uses 1 of the arial fonts.. Do U have any of them ?

N1nj@
March 3, 2004, 10:53 pm
ya
I have alot of them...

Dark_Noddy
March 3, 2004, 11:49 pm
Hmmm.. It was a wild quess.. Sry, Guess I cant help U then :/ Atleast not at this moment..

N1nj@
March 4, 2004, 3:32 am
Dark_Noddy: thanks anyway, I apreciate (spelled incorrectly)