( search forums )
Blue-Shirted guy in red Team(CTF)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
CabecaO
March 4, 2004, 6:42 am
I was playing CTF now, and happened something very strange:

A guy nicked Captain blabla (not Captain blabla,[:D] i just dont remeber the entire nick[8)]) could get the blue's flag, couldn get the red's flag,could kill blue guys, couldnt kill red guys. But the strange thing is that he was wearing a blue shirt.In the score board, (F1) his name was in blue, as if he were in the blue team, but its behavior in the game was exactely the same of a red guy. Then , about 15minutes later he changed to the blue team completely (i dont know if he did it by his will or if it was obligated), making everything normal... Does anybody know something about it??Is that a bug the guy found[?]? Or am i too asleep to know what im seeing?[:P]

Captain RibMan
March 4, 2004, 6:47 am
THERES NOTHING TO BE SUSPICIOUS OF. FORGET THIS EVER HAPPENED

CabecaO
March 4, 2004, 7:09 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain RibMan
THERES NOTHING TO BE SUSPICIOUS OF. FORGET THIS EVER HAPPENED

i see...
but thanks anyway...
see you in Soldat

Denacke
March 4, 2004, 5:57 pm
Yeah it's just a bug, it'll happen more, rejoin and it should fix it :)(the mighty rejoin fixes a lot!)

MisterX
March 4, 2004, 6:00 pm
and this guy was Captian RibMan? :P but well, yes, it's a bug. it's a known bug. but i wonder why noone decided to post it in the forums. maybe anyone did, but I didnt see any topic about this.. So, this topic should be moved to the "Bugs Report" forum.

kevith
March 4, 2004, 6:25 pm
Lag... You sould have just rejoined the server and he probably would have looked red. Happens from time to time. He probably appeared red to most of the other players on the server. Were any other players complaining about it?

SiB Danne
March 4, 2004, 8:24 pm
The server I was on, some player took advantage of it and stood with a machine gun killing us as we spawned. Whats the fun in that? But I guess since people are too lazy to vote kick someone we deserve it

Sekushi
March 4, 2004, 9:55 pm
Too bad that's complete bullsh*t. Not the entire team has the bug at the same time. It's only some lucky client.

Captain RibMan
March 5, 2004, 3:20 am
by the way it wasnt me, i just decided to exploit this situation presented to me

Element_101
March 6, 2004, 10:30 am
Yeah that was very smart of you lol..

Yeah Id have to agree and say it was lag It dosent sound like a bug to me

TheArc
March 7, 2004, 3:13 am
It happened to me, switching from red to blue (for balance) and after a few deaths, I changed to normal

?
March 7, 2004, 5:47 pm
quote:But I guess since people are too lazy to vote kick someone we deserve it
yeah i was in dna one time with 2 other guys in there, one was afk and one was playing, and i couldn't even get him to vote kick the guy